System/Expression Pedal Action

cgscotto

I have created a global expression pedal and stored expression pedal settings in the Global Tab, but I am not sure how to use the new System/Expression pedal action to switch between stored settings. I know with the old expression pedal groups, you assigned a switch to change settings. I can't locate any in the new manuals. Could you either direct me to the location in the manual that explains the function or briefly discuss how to use the System/Expression pedal action to change stored expression pedal settings?

Thank you.

Information will be available when I update the editor manual, but that's going more slowly than I'd like.

There's a new System / ExpPedal action, and that does all the work. For example, if you want to assign a button to switch between two expression pedal settings, edit two of the expression pedal blocks on the Globals tab. Let's say numbers 0 and 1

Then, create an IA button with the following action:

System / ExpPedal off:0 on:1

When the button is on, exp pedal block 1 is active, and when it's off, exp pedal block 0 is active.

OK, I got this working. I even used an IA cycle to switch between three settings for the expression pedal. Very cool. I have one question left. The System/Exp Ped action will switch between any of the defined pedals that are in the stored pedal section on the global page. I set the IA switch with Send CC on Preset Change to off. When I load the preset, I can use the global setting of the expression pedal. However, say I have the System/Exp Ped set to recall stored settings 1 and 2, once I activate the IA switch, I can access the two stored pedals but the global expression pedal setting cannot be accessed anymore unless I reload the preset. So the System/Exp Ped action seems to work like the exp ped override in the preset, but you just get more choices with the switch. I am just trying to figure out how the global exp ped interacts with the System/Exp Ped actions. Thanks in advance.

The global setting is loaded on each preset change unless you have an override specified in your preset. You can also return to the global setting by selecting "None" as the expression pedal block in the Expression pedal action.

Excellent. I have to learn to click through all the options because they were all there: None, Global, Preset. Thanks for the quick response.

Unfortunately, when I select "None" as the "off" in the System/Exp Ped action, all that happens is the expression pedal continues with the expression pedal block defined by the "on" CC number. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

I just realized today that there should be "None", "Preset" and "Global" options but they didn't get into the editor somehow. It's on the list to fix. "None" should actually turn off the expression pedal entirely.

Thanks for the firmware/editor update. Now selecting "None" defaults to the global expression pedal. This is especially cool when you use a IA cycle to step through several different expression pedal settings. Thanks again.

Back