Tap Tempo at the Song level

boyce89976

I just got my PBC on Wednesday, and I'm starting to dive into all the menus and programming prior to wiring it up this weekend. One thing I can't figure out is how to set tempo at the song level rather than the preset level. I have a few stock delay settings that I use for a lot of songs, and would like to use the same preset for different songs, but at different tempo's. I can save the tempo at the preset level in the PBC, say... 120 BPMs, but that tempo doesn't work for every song. Anyone figure this out without having to create a preset for each tempo you want to use?

Thanks!

Perhaps a future firmware and editor update? That would be a huge plus!

In the meantime, I guess I can do it the old fashioned way and just tap the tempo along with the click track for each song.

I think this would be a great feature as well. Most of the time, I'll be using my PBC in a structured environment where we play to click. It would be great if I could configure tempo at a song level. Tap, or just in the song's configuration. Either way, that would be great.

It will definitely be in the next release. It's already been implemented in the Mastermind GT, and moving features over to the PBC is pretty easy.

This is GREAT news, Ron! This will make this the perfect switcher for me. Lots of times we change tempo on several songs by 2 - 4 bmp... this will make updating the tempo so much easier!

Hey Ron i agree with the rest that song level tempo would be great.
Really looking forward for this release. Cheers.

Isn't this possible by making a preset for a song where you send all the data for that song.
i'm doing this for the Axe-fx by sending a sysex message for the tempo, and CC's for the modifiers for key, voice1 & 2 for the harmonizer (if necessary)....

I don't think so. I've tried various ways around it, and for my rig, TT at the song level is the only workable solution for quick tempo changes made to a song during rehearsal.

Loving that idea also! Would it automatically sync my connected MIDI devices to the tempo on a song by song basis? This would free up a lot of presets on my delays etc., currently running as many as 12 presets of essentially the same sound, but timed to various songs.

As long as your devices respond to MIDI clock, then yes, all of them would change tempo as you change presets (or songs).

^Precisely why I need the feature. We'll get to Sunday morning run through and change the tempo from the tempo we set at Thursday rehearsal, which means I have to go into each preset for the song and change the tempo... NOT convenient!

Back