Tap tempo macro

prawntheman

I am running an RJM PBC 6x with an Enzo, HX Stomp, Wombtone V1 and Swindler Effects Red Mountain V2.

The first 3 pedals receive MIDI Clock. But they react to tap tempo sent from the RJM (default at Function switch 1) differently. I believe the HX Stomp starts to register the BPM after 4 taps while the Enzo is a little quicker to react, at something like 3 taps. This causes the tempo on both to be out of sync. Is there a way I can write a macro to compensate for either one of the pedals?

Secondly, the Red Mountain tremolo does not receive MIDI Clock. It only receives tap tempo CC. I believe I can write a tap tempo CC macro that sends on the Tap switch on my RJM?

MIDI clock is the same for all pedals - one signal is broadcast to all devices that want to listen to it. If one pedal is out of sync with the others, it's the pedal itself that's at fault. You'll probably need to add another pedal or two to figure out which one isn't calculating tempo correctly.

To get the tap button to send a CC as well as adjust the MIDI clock, just add a CC Toggle action to the button that sends the appropriate CC message to the pedals.

Back