Tempo Adjustments

Daniel McPherson

Hey Guys,

Question here, I am tempted to get a Selah Quartz due to the ease of changing tempos on the fly, problem is that I don't really have room for it on my board without getting rid of something else that I would prefer to keep.

For context, sometimes my worship team will adjust a tempo of a song a few BPM to line up with another song we are doing. I can either tap this out (which to be honest, I never seem to hit dead on even though I think I am) or go into the settings for each preset and adjust the tempo. Problem is that in the menu it adjusts by decimal points and thus I'm sitting there hitting my buttons over and over for quite some time to adjust it on the fly and have to do it for each preset I'm using on the song (usually 4 per song).

Is there some way to adjust by single BPMs, 5 bpms, or 10 bpm at a time (when I'm not at my PC, I use the editor normally and it works like a charm) by holding the button down? I would even be open for creating a new button page to make this simpler so I don't have to buy another pedal.

Thanks!

Daniel

Using IA buttons, you have the ability to adjust tempos by either 0.1 BPM or 1.0 BPM at a time (obviously you can go up or down). I would just create a new page called "Tempo" and put 4 buttons on it (0.1 up and down and 1 up and down). This way you can get to where you need to go pretty quick. I would assume that if you guy change tempos, it would only be by a few clicks, so the 1 BPM adjustment should get you there within a few presses.

Also, you mentioned going into each preset to adjust tempo...you know you can set the tempo for an entire song and any presets under that song will use that tempo right? That would give you the option to change 1 time and the entire song changes.

@shoelesscraig This is exactly what I was hoping for. I'll take a look and see if I can figure that out.

I originally was just setting the song tempo on the song, but was getting some weird glitches where at times it wouldn't push the bpm switch, so I switch to setting it on every preset to avoid and possible error.

I bought the PBC 6X and will be moving to that whenever it ships, so I will most likely try it again from just a song standpoint when I set up from scratch again.

Yeah man, it's easy. Just create an IA button, in the IA actions section add a new action and make it System->BPM. At that point you can adjust the On / Off values. So you would likely make all of the OFF values "SAME" for all 4 buttons. Then just choose +1 for one of them, +0.1 for another and so on for the "-" values.

If you decide to try Song tempo again, just make sure all of the presets within that song have their tempo set to "Song". Not sure that they are set that way by default, so sometimes I'll forget and things start acting weird.

On a side note...I've asked Ron to make some adjustments to how tempo works a while back, but I'm not sure if we'll ever see it. I'd like to go into a song where the tempo is say 80 BPM. (All presets in the song would have tempo set to "song"). If I tap in a new tempo, say 85 BPM, then the tempo would remain 85 for any preset inside that song. Currently, if I tap 85 and then go to another preset inside that song, it goes back to 80 since the programmed song tempo is technically still 80.

Big picture is, if the song tempo is adjusted (dang drummers!) then I would want the entire song tempo to be adjusted. I can understand it going back to 80 if I leave that song and come back to it again...but if I don't leave the song, then I want the tempo to stay at the new tempo.

Good luck dude!

Back