Tempo BPM display

jjozwia

When I first got my GT and was tinkering around I want to say remember seeing the tempo BPM in the main display when tapping a new tempo. After configuring for my AxeFx haven't been able to replicate that so I'm either smoking crack and never existed, missing a setup somewhere, or a setting I have overrides it.

I'm on latest 2.2 and manual states: "When the current tempo changes, the tempo rate is displayed on any tempo buttons, shown in beats per minute. It is also briefly shown on the main LCD display." so inclined to think it exists.

My IA for tempo flashes and I can tap new ones without issue but just don't see BPM displayed anywhere.
I also have the tuner on same IA as the hold function if that makes any difference...
My midi clock is set to none, does this need to be master or slave?
I run in song mode and have main display limited to song name (don't display preset) if this could be related?

Thoughts?

The tempo is only displayed when MIDI clock is enabled. Tap tempo without MIDI clock is a different story because the tempo depends on how the receiving device interprets it - is a tap a quarter note? Dotted eighth? etc. So, we can't say for sure what the tempo is. MIDI clock defines things very specifically so we can say with certainty what the tempo is.

However, having a setting on the GT to tell it how tap tempo should be interpreted would make sense...

Gotcha, I think this makes sense. Hopefully I can try enabling this evening and see where it brings me. Cheers!

Back