Tempo issue

Gazlyn

I have song Presets all on BPM 78 running from Quartz to Bigsky to Timeline that's all wired through the PBC. When I change to 1 particular preset the Timeline changes to 132 BPM. All other presets stay on the correct tempo.

The only thing I can think of is that on the timeline its changing the type of delay quarter - Dotted8 - duel. That's stuffing the change up.

I'm not to sure though

If you have a computer with a MIDI interface, you could use it to monitor the clock signal and see if it the clock signal coming out of the Quartz is changing. That will tell you if the Quartz or the TImeline is at fault.

In General Midi Menu I changed the Midi Thru to no. Every tempo on every device is changing to the correct bpm but now it wont change change PC

Last edited:
Ah, so you have tempo coming out of the PBC and out of the Quartz at the same time. Set MIDI Clock to Off on the PBC and it should fix it (and turn MIDI Thru on once again)

Still not working right.

Attachments

• 3A452549-409C-4FAB-90BF-1D54B5E2A15E.jpeg
    3A452549-409C-4FAB-90BF-1D54B5E2A15E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 8050B6EC-D581-438A-89C8-08E03FD5128B.jpeg
    8050B6EC-D581-438A-89C8-08E03FD5128B.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
When the problem happens, try pulling the MIDI cable from the PBC's MIDI output. See if the clock corrects itself or not.

What I can tell it's the timeline or the Bigsky I think. The bpm it's changing to is the original saved tempos on the timeline itself. Which is weird because the settings are all he same. I also realised I have the Quartz going into the bigsky then into the timeline. Should I have this the other way around? Can anyone confirm the global/local settings I should have set?
thanks

The order of connections of the two pedals shouldn't matter. Maybe the Quartz isn't sending clock on those presets?

Back