The Power Of The MM GT And A Single Axe-Fx Preset (2015)

Alexander

I want to show the awesome flexibility and power provided by a single Axe-Fx II preset (XL), the RJM Mastermind GT/22 controller and a single exp.pedal.

It's a "one shot" video, mainly because I didn't want to re-record and edit afterwards. I hate making videos...
So I know my voice should be louder, I should have prevented audio clipping, it's too long indeed, etc. etc.
I'll do better with the next one, in a few years.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sikj1zVuXk

I forgot some things I planned to mention in the video, among others:

• I can switch between AMP blocks within a preset, using the "AMP 1" and "AMP 2" buttons on page 2.
  • I showed I can change between the Fender and Matchless models in the AMP 1 block, through the "AMP1 X/Y" switch (page 2). I can do the same with AMP2, switching between Friedman and Plexi SLP.
  • Drive, Boost and PEQ provide enough possibilities to sculpt the tone of my various guitars, without needing to switch presets.
  • I forgot to demo the Wah pedal.
  • I showed how to change the duty of the exp.pedal. In fact, it can perform like 4 separate pedals.
  • Scenes can be named on the RJM if desired.
  • The layout of pages on the RJM can vary per preset. I like consistency, so I stick to the same layout, except for the page for the Looper preset which displays all Looper controls.
More notes:

• You hear the sound coming from my CLRs.
  • The RJM connects through a 7-pin MIDI cable, running on phantom power.
  • The expression pedal is a Mission "RJM" pedal. It has a LED, powered by the RJM, and a spring.
  • This video is not about sound quality. I used the iPad's internal mic, so it's mono, and you'll probably hear some annoying automatic gain leveling and clipping.
[video=youtube;2Sikj1zVuXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sikj1zVuXk[/video]

Picture of the preset:

19XLgrid.png

Wow, great video! Thanks for sharing that with us - I think a lot of people will learn something from it.

Alexander

could you share how you got your GT to control that IA buttons in "Scene mode" ..... now, for the record the Axe Fx II is acting as a slave and shutting on and off the blocks/effects like it should, but the GT will not react i turn a IA on and then switch to another scene the IA button on the GT stay's on.

for the life of me I can't get the scene to work like it needs to, any advise would be great!!

I'm having the same problem with my Switch Gizmo, when I switch scenes... it will not turn the IA button off to switch channels on my Mesa MK V

The bottom-right SCENES button is the GT's "IA Mode" button, it turns on IA Mode. "Global" is on.

Scene 1-5 buttons are "Preset" buttons, with scene functionality in the "IA Mode" fields. All parameters are off, except for "IA Link" and "Global". Each button sends a CC string to switch to the specific scene.

Switch Gizmo: maybe turn on "Momentary" in the button parameters?

Back