Thought of a challenging feature

prawntheman

Is it possible to toggle between preset modes but not send it?

For example:
I would like button 1 to send a preset to a pedal. But what preset will be decided by button 2. Button 2 will toggle between Presets A and B for button 1, but will not actually send it. Button 1 will send the preset when pressed, the preset will depend on the state determined by Button 2.

May seem a bit unnecessary, but I would like to be able to toggle between 2 lead sounds but only engage it when I'm ready. Meanwhile, I'd be playing rhythm with the same pedal, hence I don't want to send the preset yet, just want to be able to select the correct one.

Has anyone done something like this that they can share? Thanks!

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the problem, but why can't you just assign one button to trigger one preset, and the second button to the second preset? Seems way simpler to me that way, and uses the same number of buttons.

Maybe I'm not fully understanding the problem, but why can't you just assign one button to trigger one preset, and the second button to the second preset? Seems way simpler to me that way, and uses the same number of buttons.

It may seem unnecessary but my current configuration is that the button meant to send the preset (button 1) is a momentary button. I thought it'd be more streamlined to have 1 button for something like Lead or Harmony while another button is set up for latching, but hold function will toggle the preset that will be sent on the first button but in latent state. Meanwhile the second button will latch onto something like a delay.

Back