Time To Replace Foot switch?

Matthew Terrado

The foot switch that toggles between the loops page and preset page is acting funny. Sometimes when I'm on the preset page and want to go to the loop page, it'll go to the loop page and immediately go back to the preset page and vice versa. Is this the sign of a broken foot switch? It's probably the most used foot switch I use so it would make sense that this one is going out.

Also chiming in here to get some advice! I have a very low serial number that I just picked up a few months back (like #0004 or something IIRC) and I noticed the footswitches have a sort of hollow sounding echo when pressed coming from inside the housing. It's hard to explain - there's no audible click but there is still a bunch of residual noise from the actuation. I think it's from the way the footswitch spring releases after being depressed, but I have no clue. I was wondering if that is normal and/or if changing them out would be beneficial in any way to increasing longevity and reducing noise. And if so, how should I go about doing that?

Also chiming in here to get some advice! I have a very low serial number that I just picked up a few months back (like #0004 or something IIRC) and I noticed the footswitches have a sort of hollow sounding echo when pressed coming from inside the housing. It's hard to explain - there's no audible click but there is still a bunch of residual noise from the actuation. I think it's from the way the footswitch spring releases after being depressed, but I have no clue. I was wondering if that is normal and/or if changing them out would be beneficial in any way to increasing longevity and reducing noise. And if so, how should I go about doing that?
I think what you’re hearing is normal. I would think the switches are fine if they’re acting as they should. I just ordered a replacement switch straight from RJM. It’s only $3 a switch and you don’t have to solder them. Pretty sure they just screw into place.

The switch actuator is just a plunger that presses the actual switch on the circuit board. It may fix the problem, but it might not. Hopefully, iy does.

Regarding the other question, I'd have to hear the sound it's making to say if it's unusual. The switches aren't that noisy, but I' haven't yet encountered a problem that makes them more noisy.

Back