Timeline Decimal Point BPM Issue

Wesley Winford

My timeline won't receive decimal point midi clock tempos from my Mastermind PBC, it just rounds up to the nearest number. Anyone run into this issue or know how to fix it?

Last I checked the timeline wont do decimal point tempos via midi clock (unless there has been an update I missed), just whole numbers.

You could probably work around this by using the auto tap macro and a function jack. you will need to use an additional cable to your timeline. Its definitely hassle unless you REALLY need those decimal points. Essentially the PBC will tap for you, so its not instant, since I think you need 3 taps. In most cases it would be pretty hard to hear a .5 BPM variance on a dealy BPM, especially since my picking hand is probably off way more than that, haha.

I got a response back from Strymon about this and they said the timeline currently does not receive decimal point tempos. I told them that it’s kinda silly that you make a pedal that I can physically turn the knob to a decimal point if I want to, but it can’t even receive a .5 tap?!? They said they might be able to fix it in an update sometime

Back