Tone Saver Buffer

spiritledd

took a year off of building live rig because been doing studio upgrades ...but it is time to get back to it ...i left off at getting a loud clicking when i switch presets on MMGT ...and i was told by Ron to try a RJM tone saver buffer in the effects loop because of something to do with ac and dc voltage conflict with my Digitech MEQ 28 MIDI EQ ...im just trying to share the problem and the solution i was given to make it is still a valid fix since a year has gone by there and there might been more information and solutions to this kind of problem?

This is something you're going to have to do some trial and error on. Since the GT doesn't have any audio signal going through it, it can't be the culprit. Start removing devices from your signal chain and see when the click goes away. Then you can address the issue with that particular device.

oh i meant RG not MMGT sorry ...and for sure im going to go through it all again since its been so long ...i DO know now its not in FX loops because i unplugged my input to front of RM 100 which has nothing in its FX loops ...no click then ...in case you have had problems with any of these not working well with RG, im using: ISP Theta preamp, Damage Control Demonizer, Rockman Sustainnor and Line 6 Echo Pro in RG loops ...also if im running RG click stop out straight into the Theta preamp then its output into front of amps because it is switching on and off and switching channels from RG im pretty sure is outside of RG loops ...could that be something? ...i will make sure of signal path tomorrow

i do have Theta after RG click stop output ...i did it for a couple reasons i remember now mainly because it has the built in noise gate so it has to come last in chain when stacking my distortion boxes as i use all 3 at once for my lead tone ...so i guess i just need to reconfigure so Theta is in the last loop and i should be good then ...i guess its ok to run in the RG function loops and audio loops at the same time? ...meaning i will still be using 2 function switches on the Theta while using it in 1 of the audio loops also?

so yeah it was just the Theta boosting the minimal clicking sound the RG makes which is not really very loud at all ...no complaint there ...but if you amplify that click with a really high gain pedal like the Theta its pretty loud then :p he he

Last edited:
i was wondering if there is some thing i could get to go in between RG click stop output and Theta pedal that would act as a click stopper

It would be best to arrange it so that it's before the Click Stopper. The only way to add another click stopper is to use a Mini Effect Gizmo or one of the other switchers.

Back