True Stereo Chorus in loops 7-10

boyce89976

Anyone running a true Stereo Chorus/Modulation pedal in one of the loops 7-10? And if so, are you running any reverb or delay after it?

I'm thinking of putting a stereo chorus in one of those loops, but I don't want my delay repeats and reverb to be affected by the chorus/modulation. The chorus can't have a kill-dry option, so running in parallel is not an option. Series in Loop 10 seems like it would add the chorus/modulation to whatever precedes it. Series in Loop 7, might work (I think). I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around how to do it, and don't have access to the handy Series/Parallel diagrams in the manual.

I run my modulation (Mobius) in 8, with delay (Timeline) in 9 and verb (BigSky) in 10 behind it. All wired true stereo. Works perfect for me!

I run my modulation (Mobius) in 8, with delay (Timeline) in 9 and verb (BigSky) in 10 behind it. All wired true stereo. Works perfect for me!
Are you running the Mobius in series or parallel? Are your delay repeats and reverb affected by the Mobius?

I run the Mobius in series, and then the other 2 in parallel. So of course this means the repeats of the delay and verb are both affected by the modulation. I basically play 2 types of music: Modern worship, where I don’t use a ton of modulation. And then classic rock/new country where I use modulation more, but way less verb and delay. So, having the repeats contain the modulation has never been an issue. (Besides, 99% of the people out there don’t have a board that’ll go parallel, so it’s kind of “normal” anyways).

That said, I would kind of like to try putting it in parallel, just to try it out!! Blending in the effect to my dry signal might be a nice way to do it since I’ve got the option.

Thanks! I think I'm overthinking it.

I play primarily P&W. I don't use modulation a lot, but when I do, it varies from light to heavy Vibrato, or light chorus (eg: Taylor Johnson). I'm currently using the Warped Vinyl HiFi in mono between loops 4&5 and controlling bypass/presets via midi. But I'm looking at the TC Electronic SCF, which I think could be incredibly cool in stereo in loop 7. XTS here in Nashville can mod it to remove the AC cord and work with an 18v power supply.

Last edited:
@shoelesscraig Here's how I think I'd run the stereo chorus, do you think there'd be any issues with this?
Loop 7: Tonal Recall (mono/series)
Loop 8: Chorus (stereo/series)
Loop 9: Timefactor (stereo/parallel)
Loop 10: BigSky (stereo/parallel)

I guess my concern is what effect having the Tonal Recall before the Chorus would have. I run pretty heavy modulation on the repeats of the Tonal Recall. I wondering if I'll have any phasing issues when engaging the Chorus?

Looks good to me...I'm not sure that you'd have any issues with phase, but just to be sure....what would be the harm in swapping loops 7 & 8 above? Putting the delays next to one another?

Looks good to me...I'm not sure that you'd have any issues with phase, but just to be sure....what would be the harm in swapping loops 7 & 8 above? Putting the delays next to one another?

By doing that you'd be summing the chorus back down to mono as the signal is sent to the Tonal Recall, thus losing all that stereo chorusy goodness.

Back