trying to get MMGT tap tempo button

spiritledd

I have been reading manual on tap tempo ...not able to get it going ...I know you said something about setting up CC's ...but I don't understand ...my Line 6 Echo Pro is receiving on omni and was syncing when I was using TF as master clock out ...I changed MMGT to master MIDI ...went to went to "edit button" then "global preset" thinking then all presets will have tap tempo? ..then chose 1 on tempo button ...now what? ...also not sure reason for number on tempo button either? ...also should have left my TF alone ...I tried factory reset, now it wont work at all ...before I did it, everything worked except store ...I put it away so I wont look at it anymore he he :p

All you should need to do is switch MIDI clock to Master, then assign one button to be a tempo button. Make sure that "Tempo" or "Flash with tempo" in the editor is turned on for this button. This will cause the GT to generate MIDI clock.

I switched MMGT MIDI clock to master ...then I went to "edit buttons" and all buttons LCD's were flashing ...editor said "page one" and had the loops, functions and presets ...on bottom row all LCD's said [PRESET] ...I pushed 1st button, on bottom row, on my left, which was "button 17 page one" in editor ...pressed button that is "tempo on/off ...did not find a "flash with tempo" option ...then I powered MMGT off ...then I powered MMGT back on ...editor window said "1 BPM" at bottom of editor screen for just a second ..."my preset 1" or "button 17 page one" does not flash or change BPM on devices ...BTW L6 MIDI clock is on :)

What button type is "button 17" set to? It should be an IA button in order to control tempo. Also make sure "send on preset change" and "update on preset change" are turned off for that button.

thanks Ron, ...yeah, 17 is a preset everything is basically factory settings still ...except I programed and named presets 1-4 ...so, I went to IA mode and hit "bank up" (just randomly) and it started flashing and changed into "IA 02" and button just below it "Pedal 1 ExPdl" started flashing also, and it changed to "IA 03" ..."IA mode" button also started flashing ...IA 02 and Pedal 1 ExPdl buttons are both sending PC's to devices and changing BPM ok except L6 BPM readout being off by one by 1 BPM sometimes ...and BOTH GT buttons read out BPM's? ...that can't be right ...but I never set that up like that, and I would have remembered ...I am careful ...if I do something that does not work, I reverse it, so GT is not all messed up ...I wanted a tap tempo for each bank of presets ...is that possible, or do you always have to go to IA to access tap tempo ...also, I just realized there is no bank down button? ...only way I could get back to bank 1 was power off ...also why blank buttons on next page too ...do I have to set that up? ...think its it is time to brush up on manual again ...I been been busy recording then got tendonitis, carpal tunnel and tennis elbow from over playing ...but finally on the mend and finally got time for getting rig road ready ...I forgot a lot stuff ...also thanks again Ron :)

just gotta get rid of click and im gold ...I will try the tone saver in-between EQ in and amp send soon as I can

Back