Tuner clibration

kurtr2

Hi Ron,

I am setting up the PCB, another great product!
I need to be able to calibrate my tuners to different Hz, often (particularly in Europe) the Pianos are tunes to 442Hz. can you please add this function?

thanks!
Kurt

also having trouble setting loops7-10 to parallel or series. both on the editor and the unit menu this doesn't seem to be working right, like theres no reaction from the unit when you tell it to put a loop into parallel...

thanks!
Kurt

Yes, adding a tuner calibration function is on the near term feature list.

When you set parallel mode, what does it do, and what doesn't it do? How do you know, specifically, that the pedal is not in parallel? Can you, for example, hold one of the loop buttons and have it switch from blue to purple?

With regards to the Global preset in the editor, there's no noticeable change at all when you click, or shift-click. Within a preset, if you set it by page 3 (i think) it's visible there and I am pretty sure it shows as expected on the PBC itself (this from my own messing around with it, and in my case, it's the Mac editor)

So due to the fact that i can't calibrate the onboard tuner I need to use my own tuner, and now i am looking for a "Tuner out" plug that would naturally be active when mute is selected, but its not there. Last night i found myself using the output B for my tuner and having to tune the strings out loud. not good! whats my solution Ron?

thanks,
Kurt

Currently, the only way to do it is to use one of the loops. For example, connect loop 1 send to your tuner, then plug a 1/4-inch plug (with nothing attached) to the loop 1 return. That will implement an external tuner with mute. Ideally, the 1/4-inch plug would have the tip soldered to ground internally for maximum noise reduction.

I'll work on the calibration issue as soon as possible!

Not yet - once I'm done with Mastermind GT 3.0 firmware, then I can start work on PBC 2.0 which will have some new tuner features.

Back