Tuner control on MMGT

Bubule

Hello,

On my MMGT16, I'd like to change the tuner state in different ways. With and without mute.
I don't need to change my AxeFx config in order to mute when tuner is on, because I like to see my tuner when I play some solos, but I want to mute when I tune my guitar. So I'm working with output levels.

I put a CC# action on solo scene button 3 like this, and it works fine :
Axe-Fx II XL+: Scene3 / CC Toggle#34 off:None on:2
System / Tuner
Axe-Fx II XL+: Tuner / CC Toggle#15 off:0 on:127

When I have to tune my guitar, I want to mute. So, on Tuner button (IA), I add 2 CC# to mute Axe outputs, and it works too :
System / Tuner
Axe-Fx II XL+: Tuner / CC Toggle#15 off:0 on:127
Axe-Fx II XL+: Out1volume / CC Toggle#11 off:127 on:0
Axe-Fx II XL+: Out2volume / CC Toggle#12 off:127 on:0

Like this, first press on tuner button : Tuner is on (bright red), outputs are muted. Second press : Tuner off (bright blue), outputs works.

But I'd like to turn off the tuner when I call an other scene than scene 3.
So I wrote on all other buttons than scene 3 :
Axe-Fx II XL+: Tuner / CC Toggle#15 off:None on:0
Axe-Fx II XL+: Out1volume / CC Toggle#11 off:None on:127
Axe-Fx II XL+: Out2volume / CC Toggle#12 off:None on:127

Like this AxeFx works well, but the MMGT screen let its tuner on without work.
I do not find any way to close the MMGT tuner.
Is there a way ?

Franck
I work with MMGT341 - I put the file enclosed

Attachments

• Sauvegarde 06 11 16.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
You can make it work using Macros. Create a "Tuner Off" Macro, and add the System / Tuner action to it. Check the "Force State To" checkbox and set the dropdown selector to "Off". This makes a macro that turns the tuner off, regardless of whether the button is being turned on or off. Call this macro from any button that you want to disable the tuner display.

Hello,

I made the macro as you explain, and it works perfectly for the main screen.

If I engage tuner by scene 3 and disable from any button I whant, it works for the main screen.
If I call the tuner by the normal button (with mute). When I leave the tuner/mute state by preset up or down buttons, the tuner button turn back to its normal state (green) and it turns the tuner off, but if I try to leave that state with a scene call, the tuner button keeps its red state.
Is it possible to leave the red state in same way with any button I want ?

Franck

Unfortunately, not yet. So far, we can only sync two buttons together that perform exactly the same function. You have one button that turns the tuner on and another that turns if off, so the GT doesn't consider them to be the same. I definitely plan to add a lot more functionality to IA buttons to allow cases like yours to work correctly.

Arf
It's a shame ! :D

I'll wait.
But like this, it works well. I just have to press the red tuner button when I want (can) to leave the red state. In urgency, I can leave the mute state with a simple scene or preset call ;)

Thanks for the nice pedal board you make !:)

so much complexity. I wonder how long before the gear is WAAY more capable than the musicians trying to program it? For me... getting pretty damn close.

Back