Tuner Function from PBC to MMGT?

arvee72

I have a
Mastermind GT 22 at my feet
and a PBC10 on my pedal board, which typically sits on my pedalboard and the board is placed on top of my rack.

In most cases, I will set my entire board on top of my rack within close range to make adjustments, so the PBC being near the pre/amp/pedals allows me to not have run long Send/Retuns etc, and therefore the MMGT handles everything.

For gigs where a pedal board at my feet is useful w/o the MMGT22 (backline stuff, lighter travel requirements), I can use the PBC standalone, and of course, its tuner function.

Question.. Is there a way to port the tuner function from the PBC to the MMGT?

Thanks! (Please excuse my wire mess... will be handled once I get the plan together)

Last edited:
Yes, add the PBC as a device in the GT's Devices list, if you haven't already. Turn on Bidirectional MIDI in both devices. The PBC needs to be connected directly to the GT's MIDI output using a MIDI cable with all 5 pins wired (not a "3-pin active" cable).

More of a wishlist item maybe but related to this so piggybacking.
Could you possibly produce a standalone tuner unit that has an input jack, the tuner functionality, then the midi out to send the tuner data to the MMGT and then output? I would buy that, been looking for something like it for ages.

More of a wishlist item maybe but related to this so piggybacking.
Could you possibly produce a standalone tuner unit that has an input jack, the tuner functionality, then the midi out to send the tuner data to the MMGT and then output? I would buy that, been looking for something like it for ages.
So far, the only thing that's even close is the Mini Effect Gizmo X. I've considered a standalone box, but I'm not so sure it would sell.

For me, I would think that anybody who has a Mastermind but non RJM switcher in a rack offstage like a Morningstar ML10X which has mad parallel and series routing options, or someone who has an effects gizmo that doesn't have the tuner stuff built in, it just saves running cables to your pedal board just for a tuner. It's easy to say cool I want this cos I don't have to R&D it and produce it but I'd be interested to know who would use it.

Not sure if I explained my question thoroughly.

First: Is there a way to see the PBC tuner readout on the MMGT?
Second: Can I port the Preset names form the PBC into the MMGT?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure if I explained my question thoroughly.

First: Is there a way to see the PBC tuner readout on the MMGT?
Second: Can I port the Preset names form the PBC into the MMGT?

Thanks!
Yes, my answer above covers how to get the tuner display (I did forget to mention that, after making the connections above) you need to add a button with a System / Tuner action and a CC Toggle Tuner action that sends to the PBC.

There isn't an easy way to get the tuner names from PBC to GT.

Back