1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuner to mute all loops

Discussion in 'PBC Wish List' started by James Jesudason, Jan 12, 2020 at 6:34 AM.

1. James Jesudason

James Jesudason
    Expand Collapse

It seems as though the tuner only mutes the output, not the loops. This causes issues in two scenarios:

1. When the preset is on a swell preset with a long sustain, the output is muted during tuning but unmuting can cause the remnants of the swell preset to ring out. Happened to my friend who borrowed my board this morning!

2. When one of the loops goes to an external output (like a line mixer). If the external output just goes to the amp (without returning to the PBC) the tuner does not mute it.

2. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

You can edit the tuner button and add actions to turn off the loops as well. You'll need to switch presets to get back to the saved loop configuration, but it'l do the job.

James Jesudason likes this.
  3. Wesley Winford

Wesley Winford
    Expand Collapse

I setup my tuner button to turn off all loops and turn my wet effects mix to 0 to achieve this. Am I doing it correctly?

4. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

That should probably cover it all (depending on what's in your rig).