Two preamps in effect gizmo

Johan

I am trying to build a rig that is wired similar to that on page 13 in the manual (a bunch of pedals, preamp, 2 stereo effects processors in parallel, stereo power amp via mini line mixer). The one change I want to do is that I would like to use two preamps, one or the other, never both. I could obviously switch between them by putting each one in a fx loop on the gizmo and just turning one and not the other on or off. How do I best send the signal from whichever preamp I am using back to the gizmo so the signal can continue into the parallell stereo effects? Should I just sum the signal from the two preamps (OUT from each gizmo loop) and run it into an IN jack (IN 11 in the example in the manual)? Is there a better way?

Thank you.

- Johan

I am trying to build a rig that is wired similar to that on page 13 in the manual (a bunch of pedals, preamp, 2 stereo effects processors in parallel, stereo power amp via mini line mixer). The one change I want to do is that I would like to use two preamps, one or the other, never both. I could obviously switch between them by putting each one in a fx loop on the gizmo and just turning one and not the other on or off. How do I best send the signal from whichever preamp I am using back to the gizmo so the signal can continue into the parallell stereo effects? Should I just sum the signal from the two preamps (OUT from each gizmo loop) and run it into an IN jack (IN 11 in the example in the manual)? Is there a better way?

Thank you.

- Johan
You can also set them up on one of the last four loops. I’ve got OUT 5-8 going into a little Lehle isolated splitter and then into the preamp inputs. The two preamp outs then go to a loop input and return respectively. In my example, the preamps are in loop 10. When it’s ON, one pre is selected and when it’s OFF, the other is selected.

Back