Typing in the Tempo BPM

AdrianG

I play mostly on a big stage where we have lots of things going on with lights etc. I have recently been asked to move my Axe-FX3 further away from me as it is causing unwanted shadows (I know, right!!).

So for some songs I don't have a preset on my Axe-FX because my main/do it all preset can handle it, however I sometimes need to set the BPM. We mostly use a click track so I can tap in some of the songs, but there are times where the click does a 1 bar pre-count and then I come in with the drummer and I need my tempo to be set. In these cases I don't have time to tap it in because the click changes at the last second (we have very small gaps between songs), so usually I just reach over to my rack and turn the dial on my Axe-FX to change the tempo towards the end of the previous song when I know I can get away with it.

Is there a way to setup an IA switch on the GT where you can key in a 3 digit BPM with the Done/Cancel options (same as Preset Number works) which sets the tempo on the Axe-FX?

Back