1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Typing in the Tempo BPM

Discussion in 'GT Wish List' started by AdrianG, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:56 PM.

1. AdrianG

AdrianG
    Expand Collapse

I play mostly on a big stage where we have lots of things going on with lights etc. I have recently been asked to move my Axe-FX3 further away from me as it is causing unwanted shadows (I know, right!!).

So for some songs I don't have a preset on my Axe-FX because my main/do it all preset can handle it, however I sometimes need to set the BPM. We mostly use a click track so I can tap in some of the songs, but there are times where the click does a 1 bar pre-count and then I come in with the drummer and I need my tempo to be set. In these cases I don't have time to tap it in because the click changes at the last second (we have very small gaps between songs), so usually I just reach over to my rack and turn the dial on my Axe-FX to change the tempo towards the end of the previous song when I know I can get away with it.

Is there a way to setup an IA switch on the GT where you can key in a 3 digit BPM with the Done/Cancel options (same as Preset Number works) which sets the tempo on the Axe-FX?

2. rjmmusic

rjmmusic
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry, that's not possible at this time. I'll move this to the Wish List section...

AdrianG likes this.
  3. AdrianG

AdrianG
    Expand Collapse

Cool, thanks Ron!