unable to make 2 presets with same preset number on AxeFx III

Mr.E

I make basic presets with all of the IA blocks for general use.
The bottom row is for the preset selection.
If I want to make a preset for a song with the same preset number as one of the previous, the GT jumps back to the first one.
For example:

I have 18 general presest from 000 - 017 on the AxeFx.
The 19th preset on the GT selects preset #003 on the Axe-Fx.
When pressing that button, it jumps to preset #003 on the GT but to preset #000 on the bottom row.

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 19-04-29.rjs
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
That's likely a conflict with Poll State, the GT checks what preset the Axe-Fx is on and tries to determine which GT preset was used to get to that preset, and it switches accordingly. It sounds like it's not doing the right thing in this case. It should be able to handle the case you're asking about. I'll have to look into it. In the meantime, turning off Poll State (Devices tab) should fix the problem.

Makes sense.
But if one uses a one-preset-per-song approach on the GT, like me, then polling the preset number makes no sense.
Because if multiple GT-presets use the same ^preset on the Axe-FX, it is confusing.
Polling the state of scenes and blocks and so does make sense.
Perhaps another option: poll state excluding presets?

Makes sense.
But if one uses a one-preset-per-song approach on the GT, like me, then polling the preset number makes no sense.
Because if multiple GT-presets use the same ^preset on the Axe-FX, it is confusing.
Polling the state of scenes and blocks and so does make sense.
Perhaps another option: poll state excluding presets?

Try turning on Ignore Incoming PC along with Poll State, I think that'll work.

Perhaps a suggestion:
Ignore incoming PC when sent from GT
Switching presets on the GT using Poll state is a handy feature to be able to let the GT switch to a layout with all the IA blocks for experimenting.
That's what I do.
All my first presets on the GT correspond with the presets on the AxeFx.
Then I program the presets for songs (I use a one-preset-per-song aproaoch since you can't send any midi messages per song).
So when selecting a preset using axeEdit or on the axeFx itself, it would be handy if the GT jumped to the corresponding preset.

But if I send a program change command from the GT to the AxeFx, the GT should stay on the selected preset and only the AxeFx should change preset.

Does that make sense?

Of course now I can do it by always selecting presets on the GT.

Last edited:
One problem:
With "Poll State ON and "Ignore Incoming PC" ON:
if you use a row with "Preset" Button types, the first button is always selected, not the one corresponding to the preset you selected.

With Ignore Incoming PC turned on, it shouldn't try to alter your preset buttons at all. When you're running into this problem, are you selecting a preset on the GT or on the Axe-Fx?

I'm working on an overall solution for this poll/preset change issue, it's a bit tricky to cover all cases (especially when scenes are involved), but have already fixed the majority of them.

Back