Unable to save button names

Hey everyone. I'm new to the GT16 and I'm slowly wrapping my head around it. However, I can't seem to figure out why I'm not able to save some of my button names. I am trying to name Scene 5 button to 80s Grease and Scene 8 button to Deep Ambience from Button Page 1. I tried both via editor and directly from the device to no avail. I even tried factory resetting the device and reloading the rjs file. Hope someone can assist.

Attachments

• troubleshooting.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
What device does your GT16 control?

If it is the AF3, or sibling, perhaps you can name the scene in AxeEdit or from the front panel? If you do this, you can use Get Preset Names on the GT16, and it will align the scene names from your presets, to the scene buttons on your GT16.

I may very well be missing something, and I know I’m guessing a bit, but hopefully this might help.
Cheers
Lee

What device does your GT16 control?

If it is the AF3, or sibling, perhaps you can name the scene in AxeEdit or from the front panel? If you do this, you can use Get Preset Names on the GT16, and it will align the scene names from your presets, to the scene buttons on your GT16.

I may very well be missing something, and I know I’m guessing a bit, but hopefully this might help.
Cheers
Lee
Hi. I think I solved my problem, I just don't know how I did it

I hope so!:)
But it's probably just me not knowing how to use it yet. My last adventure with a MIDI controller was with an All Access. I sold it more than 10 years ago. I'm still trying to figure out what I did to make the scene names show up...:D

Yeah. I certainly prefer to KNOW why something is working, rather than just going along for the ride, until it stops working. I’ve had to refresh my understanding on more than a couple devices over the years, after some long layovers. Hopefully you’ll isolate what lead to the positive change.

Back