unpredictable setlist behaviour...

Victor Vos

I am having lots of troubles with a new setlist.. Bank up/down skips songs now and then and will never scroll to the first song. I cannot find anything wrong in the setup...

I recreated the setlist (Y) and it has some strange things again. Try selecting it from a song that is not in it and scroll to the beginning...

Attachments

• vix.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I was never able to reproduce this problem, but I was using 3.4.6. Try again with 3.4.6 and see if it still does the same.

Ok, this is what I've tried:

- Hold Sets, select "All Songs"
- Press Songs, select the song "Huh?"
- Hold Sets, select "Y"
- Press << once, it goes to Voicemail (last song in setlist)
- Each press of << moves back one song in the "Y" setlist, ending at "Endless Revolution". Further presses don't do anything.
- Multiple presses of >> moves forward through the setlist as expected.

I repeated this with the "Airbag" - "<<" doesn't do anything until you press ">>" (because Airbag is song #1 in the full song list, it can't move back any songs). But, once ">>" is pressed, it's in sync with the setlist (landing on the Evoke song) and I can access all songs in the set.

Can you send me a detailed example of the problem that I can try to reproduce here?

When I am in setlist "Y" and scroll back (<<) I get to "Evoke", next press on "<<" goes to "Lie Back..." and if I press "<<" again it keeps switching from "Lie Back.." to "Evoke" and back. "Evoke" is the second song in the setlist...

It looks like other setlist are fine...

Last edited:
I am not sure if this is related but if I select preset-menu and choose a preset it jumps to another (very high number) preset...

It looks like it has to do with communication with the axefx... If I restart with axefx off I can (sometimes...) get to the first song.

Set MIDI receive channel to None in the Globals tab. That might be causing the problem, it could be receiving unexpected commands from the Axe-Fx.

The Axe-Fx communicates with the controller using Sysex messages, which are not on any channel. They're handled regardless of how MIDI receive channel is set. Anything sent on by the Axe-Fx on MIDI channel 1 is extra stuff that shouldn't go to the GT anyway.

Back