Update:Axe FX II Firmware Version 11.03

Rain

:D Hi Ron is the MMGT compatible with the new Axe FX Firmware 11.00 ? Thank you in advance. :D

Re: Axe FX II Firmware Version 11.00

Didn't even know that there was a version 11! I will test it out ASAP, but it doesn't look like they've changed anything that would affect the GT.

Just downloaded V11 and it seems to work fine with the GT!

Ron, have you tried Get Preset Names? I've just done that and it's just sitting there, the progress bar on the MMGT is not changing and the MIDI light on the Axe is not flashing to indicate communication.

Just before trying this, I was changing Axe presets using MMGT... communicating fine.

Axe firmware is 11 and all Axe presets have been updated to 11. MMGT firmware is 1.3.

EDIT: Wow, it just got a whole lot worse! I went into Edit Devices again for the Axe and tried Set Default Buttons (on Page 1 as already configured) and Set Default Pedals, just to see if I could then follow with a successful Get Preset Names (no joy). Those actions blew the Axe out of the MMGT and fried many of the rest of the MMGT settings... I had six pages / devices configured before I did this, I had only one page after I did it. The red page-changing button and others down the right side, and all preset buttons, were black.

I connected the MMGT to my computer - the computer ker-chunked indicating that a USB device had been plugged in. Fired up MMGT Editor 1.3 to try to restore my configuration to the MMGT, but the Editor could not connect. Long pause, then a warning "Could not connect".

Desperation. Factory reset on the MMGT. Still could not connect. Powered down and up. Connected. Manually added the Axe device to the MMGT rather than restore my configuration. Still can't Get Preset Names. The Axe is connected per my Configuration 1 that you know about and approved.

I guess I'll wait before I update the Preset names on the MMGT.

Hmm, I didn't do Get Preset Names. I will give that a try ASAP.

Can you copy your settings to a flash drive and get them to your PC? If so, please send the file to me so I can look at it. If that works, you should be able to restore your settings to the previously working version using the flash drive as well.

Also, did you try resetting your PC? Sometimes USB errors don't recover until you do a full restart.

I just ran a full "Get Preset Names" a few times and had no issues. The GT was factory initialized, then the default Rack Gizmo device was converted to an Axe-Fx II. I also did Set Default Buttons and Pedals before getting the names.

Boyscout, can I get pre- and post-crash settings from your GT? Something else must be going on that is triggered by your specific configuration.

Thanks Ron I'll try it tonight. I'm off the road till the end of September, we had a really busy summer. I'll be busy programming... :D

Re: Axe FX II Firmware Version 11.02

HI Ron. The Axe FXII Firmware is now up to 11.02. I'll try it out later and let you know how it's working,

Re: Update:Axe FX II Firmware Version 11.02

Yes, please let me know. I'll update mine as well and give it a try.

Hi, The Firmware is up to 11.03 now !!! They just released it 5 min ago. Downloading it now., :D

Ok I Updated the MMGT to 1.03 and Upgdated the Axe FX to Firmware 11.03 . Everything seems to be working perfectly. I"ll be programming and playing later tonight I'll let everyone know if I find any issues. :D

Back