Update on Preset Change

Neill00

I know this has been asked many times and I've tried everything I could find using the search feature. It may be that my device just isn't responding properly. The easy answer may be in my device configuration so I'll put that out there first. I select a song from my iPad which is connected to the MMGT via USB. The iPad sends midi to the MMGT to choose a preset. The preset then sends PCs and CCs to my other devices to set them up for that song. They are connected as follows, midi in and out connections between MMGT and Axe FX 3 and then midi through from Axe FX 3 to my Voice Live Rack vocal processor.

In the editor manual it says that on the preset page I should be able to have it set the status of each IA button and have it send those midi messages. I have "Update on Preset Change" selected for the IA button that controls harmony on/off on the voice live rack. If I select two presets in a row on the MMGT that use the same preset on the voicelive rack, choosing the next preset on mmGT will change the state of the harmony on/off IA button on the MMGT but it doesn't seem to send the associated midi to the voicelive rack. So if I had the harmony on at the end of a song and select the next song it won't turn it off unless that song requires a different preset on the voicelive rack. Also if for a certain song I want the harmony on at upon selection of the preset, it won't turn it on.

Is the way my system is connected preventing this? Am I missing something obvious? or is it just not possible to accomplish this?

Turn on Send Redundant PCs in the Devices tab. Without that, the GT won't send the same PC twice in a row.

I'm a little confused, the IA buttons I am referring to are set to send CCs not PCs. They are set to CC toggle for all the controls I am trying to get to work. So for example, if I turn on the Harmony Block on my voicelive rack towards the end of a song and finish the song with it on, when I select the next preset on the MMGT for the next song, it resets the IA button to the "off" position but the harmony block on the device is still on, it doesn't receive the midi CC to turn it off. This is only if the next song uses the same preset the default state for all the presets on the Voicelive rack has the harmony block turned off. I tested with the AxeFX as well and it behaves the same way with the IA button I have set up for solos. For that I have a macro that sends 3 different CCs to turn on/off the drive, delay and volume blocks. If the solo button is on and those 3 blocks are engaged, if the next song uses the same preset and scene, the "Solo" IA button turns off but those 3 blocks are still engaged.

Back