USB->PC suddenly stopped working

neilvg

I can no longer connect my PBC/10 to the mastermind software. None of my connections have changed, but for whatever reason the mastermind is now greyed out in midi studio and also does not connect in the software. When connecting the USB cable, I have always heard a slight increase in noise from my speakers when the cable is plugged in, and that still seems to happen when I plug it in. But no connection.

I have tested the USB cable with other devices and all seems well.

Is there a reset or some other thing that I may need to do for the RJM PBC/10 to start working?

Sorted! Seems like a failing USB hub. It's supplying power, but not enough? Some devices power on, but others do not or not fully. Odd. Glad it's not a PBC issue.

I did have one other question I cant figure out - I know its not the right spot but...

My Free the Tone EQ seems to always switch to PC 1 whenever I hit any preset button no matter what. If I have the preset do an action to change it to another PC upon hitting it, it just goes right back to 1. I can't figure it out. I've tried everything I know of. I can switch to other PC's on the EQ while within the preset, but I cannot get it to default to something other than 1 when changing presets... it just switches back...

any ideas?

Check your Devices list, make sure that there's not another device on the same MIDI channel. Also, make sure you don't have a button somewhere that sends PC#1 to the pedal and has Send on Preset Change turned on. That would force a change to preset 1 every time you change presets.

Back