Using GT with Maschine

toasterdude

I finally found a few minutes to figure out how to send commands externally from NI Maschine. I already have a cable from Maschine going to my GT for midi sync. I was able to add a PC lane in maschine and have it changing presets on the GT. Very cool. Except. . . .with scenes and the way I have the GT set up I do most in song changes via Axe FX scenes and other CCs. Looking at the GT manual there appears to be a way to get incoming CCs to "link" to FS assigned CCs in GT. Problem is I can not for the life of me figure out how to get Maschine to send CCs. There is a list of midi commands and PC was easy to get working. There is no CC option, just generic sounding stuff such as data, foot controller etc.

Has anyone gotten this to work? Any other Maschine users with GTs?

I can send midi notes from Maschine easily I believe. Is there a way to have GT FS respond to midi notes? If I made the first command for a FS a midi note, would it work similar to CC Link?

Thanks for any info.

Hmmmm. . .got it sort of working. Had a DOH moment when I realized in Maschine if I selected the blank entry at 34 that was actually selecting CC 34. So adding two tracks, one for each axe fx I got Axe FX scenes changing on Maschine scene changes. Only issue now is that the GT FS doesn't provide feedback as to what scene is active since I am sending CC directly to Axe. If GT had a CC for each FS, I assume sending that CC would update the IA state?

If you turn on the Remote setting for your scene buttons, and send the scene CCs to the GT as well as the Axe-Fx, then the scene buttons on the GT will change accordingly.

Is that the CC link option? Or are there actual CCs for each button on GT? Will that update the button status? Not in front of GT or editor right now.

Oops, yes, CC Link. I was getting it confused with the Remote Control setting, which is related. (The latter works with CC Link to make a button that only changes visible state from CC messages, not from button presses).

Has any one found a way to make the GT16 control the transport functions of the Maschine Studio? I want my play button for my looper to start the recorded material in Maschine. This would be ideal, but I haven't been successful in getting these two products to talk to each other.

Back