Using mono AND stereo effects in loops 7-10 at the same time

I run a stereo setup and encountered a problem that I didn't see a solution for in the forum...I figured it out and figured I'd share it in case anyone else was having the same issue (I saw a solution for the opposite problem and just figured out my options from there).

Anyway, if you're like me and you plan to use stereo effects only in the last loop (loop 10) of the four stereo able loops and mono effects in the remaining three loops you know that you'll run into a variety of problems...the main one being a loss of dry signal in one of the outputs.

Basically to use stereo and mono effects at the same time in loops 7-10 you need to convert the loops you're running mono effects in to mono. This can be done with a custom cable or...an easier solution is to simply pick up a couple of Hosa GPP-419 or similar adapters (see link below) and use the mono cables of your choice (I use George L's with short barrel Switchcraft plugs soldered to them because the short barrel plugs save me some space). Basically it's a stereo 1/4" Tio/Ring/Sleeve male plug on one side with a mono 1/4" Tip/Sleeve female plug on the other. They're only a couple of bucks each and they work great.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GPP419

This may also be a good recommendation to put in the Mastermind PCB manual or maybe even ship 7 similar adapters with the Mastermind PCB from the factory (for anyone who would want to run 3 mono loops in 7-9 and a mono in/stereo out effect in loop 10...that way all your bases are covered now and in the future).

Anyway, I hope this is helpful. The Mastermind PCB is just an amazing product.

Re: Using mono AND stereo effects in loops 7-10 at the same

Hi Enron...Question. I have run into this as well. Which way did you connect the cable and adapters? I have connected a mono effect in loop 8, with 7, 9 and 10 stereo. The loop is cutting the right side of my signal path, and I have used TRS -> TS cables to try and duplicate your setup.

Would love to hear how you have it connected.

Thanks - Sean

Re: Using mono AND stereo effects in loops 7-10 at the same

Stratmandu said:
Hi Enron...Question. I have run into this as well. Which way did you connect the cable and adapters? I have connected a mono effect in loop 8, with 7, 9 and 10 stereo. The loop is cutting the right side of my signal path, and I have used TRS -> TS cables to try and duplicate your setup.

Would love to hear how you have it connected.

Thanks - Sean

Hi Sean,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I'm running stereo in loops 9 and 10 and mono in loops 7 and 8.

Back