Using output B for acoustic guitar send to F.O.H.

JohninSydney

Hi, I have PBC 10 set up with 4 cable method with electric guitar.
loops 1-4 go to amp input, loops 5-10 go through my fx loop and out through output a.
THis works perfectly.

However, i want to set up a series of patches for my acoustic guitar, and send the signal out through output b without having to disconnect the 3 cables going to my amp input and effects loop, which of course are affecting the signal.
Is this possible?
Any suggestions?
I have attached a pic of the setup.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 20211213_080736.jpg
    20211213_080736.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
I responded to the same question through our help desk, but in case anyone else is interested, the brief answer is:

- Move the connections to the amp from Out 1-4 and In 5-6 to loop 4 or loop 5
- Make sure Mono Output is pressed in on the rear panel
- Connect Output B to the input of the second amp

Turn on loop 4 or loop 5 as appropriate and Output A to get the first amp with its effect loop
Turn off loop 4/5 and Output A and turn off Output B to get the second amp

Hello,
I had the same question. I use OUT5-6/In7-10 as "send-return" to my (electric) amp for 4CM.
So the workaround would be to use one of the loops (4-5-6) instead.

But I upgraded the firmware of the PCB10 and the Editor to version 4.9.1, and I noticed that we now have "INSERT" as IA action/Audio. I don't find any mention of this in the manual, even in the latest "wiki" version.
If I understand correctly, this "insert" would allow for defeating/engaging the "insert loop". We have the option to choose "1" or "2", which could relate to OUT 1-4 and OUT 5-6 respectively.
I tried that but nothing happens.
I still have to manually disconnect the cable from "In 7-10" to get the sound of the acoustic guitar (through output B).

So my question is : what is the purpose of the "insert" option in the IA Action/Audio menu ?
Is it active for the PBC-10 ?

Thanks

I'm sorry, the insert action only has an effect on the PBC/6X which has a switchable insert loop. It won't do anything on the PBC/10.

Back