Using PBC/6X and Iridium to run wet / dry

Alex Silberman

Hi all,

I thought I'd share how I have my rig set up. It's probably old hat for most, but some may get some value from it. I run a Wet / Dry rig with a single Iridium, a simple passive splitter, and a single TRS to two TS cables Y cable.

I take the Insert send on the PBC6/X (because it has a buffer) and put it through a passive Y splitter. One of the TS ends of the TRS cable goes into one of the outputs of the splitter (Dry). The other output of the splitter goes back into the Insert return (wet). The other TS end of the TRS cable goes to the PBC/6X output. The TRS end goes into the Iridium's input.

This essentially comes together by having your gain stages going directly to one of the Iridium's stereo inputs (dry) and your mods / delays going into the other stereo input on the iridium (wet).

Then you simply take the outputs of the Iridium to two amps/speakers or to two channels on a mixing board. There is enough EQ differential to make the wet/dry scheme sing!

The only nit is having the Insert loop. send in mono, but receive in stereo and place the Insert loop after your gain stages but before your modulation / delays. This allows Ron's genius design to effectively run two different signal paths. Killer, Ron.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Yea, thanks for sharing. I started down this path with my Iridium/PBC6x but went with a traditional setup instead. I've almost got it completely working, so time to tear it all apart and try a different approach. :rolleyes:

Back