Using PBC10 with ISP Decimator / Junction Box.

MelGT

Hello, everyone! Apologies ahead of time for the lengthy post.

I’m rebuilding a pedalboard with the PBC10, but there are a couple things I’m a bit unsure of.

1. I have a Decimator II G-String noise suppressor, but I really do not want it to take up any loops if I can avoid it. It's an always on pedal for me. I did quite a bit of digging and I believe this should work, but I’m not entirely certain:

Out from Volume Pedal to Decimator “Guitar In” > Deci. “Guitar Out” to “In 1-4” on the PBC > “Out 1-4” to Deci. “Decimator In” > Deci. “Decimator Out” to “In 5-6” on the PBC.

Will this allow for the Decimator to affect all pedals in Loops 1-4 without taking up a loop of its own? Additionally, would there be any similar configuration that would allow the Decimator to affect Loops 1-6, as opposed to only 1-4?

2. I’m new to junction boxes. Ideally, I would like to get a junction box that allows me to auto-reroute all loops to the front of an amp when there is nothing connected to the FX inputs running to and from the amp’s FX loop on the box. I usually go straight into the front of the amp, but sometimes use an amp with an FX loop. Would the way I drew this up in the diagram below work? If the diagram is too confusing/cluttered, I can clarify more! (I’ve included a diagram of the FOA routing if this is not possible).

Thanks y’all for your help!

Attachments

• PBC10 Junction Box Routing (Final).jpeg
    PBC10 Junction Box Routing (Final).jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 25
  • PCB10 Front of Amp Routing (Final).jpeg
    PCB10 Front of Amp Routing (Final).jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 20
Yes, I believe that should work for putting loops 1-4 in the noise gate loop. To put loops 1-6 in the noise gate loop, you would just change to this:

Out from Volume Pedal to Decimator “Guitar In” > Deci. “Guitar Out” to “In 1-4” on the PBC > “Out 5-6” to Deci. “Decimator In” > Deci. “Decimator Out” to “In 7-10” on the PBC.

This might vary slightly if you have any other pedals/devices after loop 6 and before loop 7, but that’s the idea. The benefit is that you would also get another insert loop (Out 1-4 to In 5-6) that would be inside the noise gate’s loop.

I don’t know if a way to automatically switch between front of amp and 4 cable method. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a solution, I just don’t know one offhand.

The junction box routing is almost correct. Out 5-6 needs to go to the box, which then goes to the amp input.

This will work as long as the junction box is wired such that the "To Front of amp" jack and the "From FX Send" jack are normalled together when nothing is plugged into them. To switch to "everything in front" you would plug the "To FX return" jack into the amp's input and leave the other two jacks unconnected.

Thanks, y'all! I really appreciate it!

So, it sounds like if I wanted to include loops 5 and 6 in the loop of the gate, I then wouldn't be able to use the junction box routing because Out 5-6 would need to go to the junction box instead, is that right?

Thanks, y'all! I really appreciate it!

So, it sounds like if I wanted to include loops 5 and 6 in the loop of the gate, I then wouldn't be able to use the junction box routing because Out 5-6 would need to go to the junction box instead, is that right?
You would just move the connection to Out 1-4 over to Out 5-6 instead. The connection to In 5-6 moves to the "Guitar Out" connection of the junction box.

Back