Very strange routing issue

jo_fi

Hi, I’ve got an empress zoia wired in stereo in loop 4 of my 6x. In loop 5 I have a Strymon timeline in stereo going stereo out into a meris mercury 7 stereo out back to loop 5 return. I have a Strymon iridium wired in stereo in loop six. For some reason there are two patches in my zoia that somehow are routing to the wet signal of my mercury 7. If the zoia is on with that patch I MUST have the mercury 7 on. I tried to plug the outs of the mercury 7 into the timeline outs so that loop 5 was only the timeline and I had no signal. However, when I unplugged my timeline ins and outs and put them into the zoia instead and turned loop 4 off, everything was fine. I have no idea what’s going on. I didn’t unplug power from my mercury 7 when I had it out of the loop, is it possible that the signal from that patch is somehow going through my power supply and only into the wet signal of the mercury 7? I only have midi going to the timeline right now, I unplugged it from the zoia and never had it to the meris. Everything is powered with Strymon power supplies

I swapped the mercury out for a Bigsky and I can get the patch to work normal with the zoia in loop 4 and timeline and bigsky in loop 5. But if I turn loop 5 off I lose signal with loop 4 on. With both 4 and 5 off I have signal. With only 5 on I have signal. I have no idea. This time no presets in the zoia worked without loop 5 on

These are the things you should check:
- Make sure all of your pedals are set for stereo input and output
- Make sure that loops 4-6 are set for stereo input and output
- Make sure that you're not swapping left and right anywhere - the tip plug should always to go the left side, the ring plug should always go to the right.
- Double check all of your cables, make sure they're wired correctly. If you made your own cables, check the "Note on Making Cables" post in the Effect Gizmo section of the forum.

Also, check to see what happens when the Zoia's loops is turned on, but the Zoia itself is bypassed.

These are the things you should check:
- Make sure all of your pedals are set for stereo input and output
- Make sure that loops 4-6 are set for stereo input and output
- Make sure that you're not swapping left and right anywhere - the tip plug should always to go the left side, the ring plug should always go to the right.
- Double check all of your cables, make sure they're wired correctly. If you made your own cables, check the "Note on Making Cables" post in the Effect Gizmo section of the forum.

Also, check to see what happens when the Zoia's loops is turned on, but the Zoia itself is bypassed.
Thanks so much! Went in with a multimeter, I had the left and right return from the mercury 7 in loop 5 switched. Works perfect now!
Quick question, sorry, sometimes I switch the order of my wet effects so they’re all wired in stereo, is there an issue sending a stereo signal from the return of a mono loop with that loop not being buffered? Like am I passively splitting the signal and potentially causing some sort of tone suck? Should I send a mono sign to my first stereo pedal and not bother switching order? I don’t do it too often anyway

Any reasonably modern pedal's output is quite buffered, so it shouldn't be an issue. You could use the insert loop as you suggest if you do run into a problem.

Back