Volante favorite switch weirdness

P-air

Hi,

I have the Strymon Volante as a device in the PBC.
I have created a page to access some of the switches on the Volante.
I have assign a button to access the the Bypass switch on the Volante using the "Assign CC" already configured in the PBC and it does exactly what it is supposed to do.

But i have a problem doing the same thing to control the the Favorite switch's on off on the Volante.
When i try to put Favorite switch to on by clicking on the assign button or when changing presets on the PBC the Favorite switch led blinks blue for a long time before loading the preset.
What am i doing wrong?
I want to be able to have presets in the PBC where the Volante is either on the settings on the unit (favorite switch off and bypass off) or on one the Volante's preset (Favorite switch on bypass off) without the wait.

Regards.

I've never personally worked with the Volante, but maybe you should try to use PCs instead of the favorite switch. According to the manual. you can save 8 presets using the 8 buttons on the front. Sending a MIDI PC message will recall one of those presets.

I got this response from Gohan at Strymon but i am not familiar enough with the PBC to do what he recommends...maybe you can help me? :

Hi Pierre,

It looks like you are sending CC 81 in a way that it is still latching and therefore it thinks you're trying to save a favorite setting or new preset.

Please make sure that after sending CC 81 with a value of 1-127 for press, you send it with a value of 0 to release it so that it does not think you are pressing and holding the favorite switch.

As for the preset question, sending PCs 0-7 will recall the 8 favorites that can be saved to the Volante, starting with 0 being playback head 1, and with 7 being feedback head 4.

What about them is different when you recall them via MIDI? Different settings and playback and feedback heads?

Best regards,

When programming presets, the playback/feedback head buttons are used to select one of the 8 possible presets, they don't have anything to do with the actual playback or feedback heads.

You could still use the favorite switch approach by editing the button and adding a "CC Toggle / Volante Favorite off:None on:0" action to the button's action list. But, using PCs will be more flexible and give you 8 presets instead of 1, I recommend using that approach instead.

When programming presets, the playback/feedback head buttons are used to select one of the 8 possible presets, they don't have anything to do with the actual playback or feedback heads.

You could still use the favorite switch approach by editing the button and adding a "CC Toggle / Volante Favorite off:None on:0" action to the button's action list. But, using PCs will be more flexible and give you 8 presets instead of 1, I recommend using that approach instead.

I agree, and more simple.

Back