Volume Pedal

Ron,
Do you have a preferred VP location up your sleeve?
It's definitely a matter of taste, primarily based on whether you want it pre or post gain. Both sound quite a bit different from each other. It's best to try both and see what you prefer. The only thing I can say is that you probably want it before delay and reverb (although I'm sure there are some who want their volume pedal to cut all sound).

Ron, Indeed and I'm inclined to use it post gain. I know that many guitarists put the volume control pre-"wet" (i.e. delay, modulation, reverb) because they can shut down the volume and thereby allow the modulation and reverb signal to remain in a "fade away". Just curious, does setting the various last loops in the PBC10 to "trails" accomplish something similar? George

Ron, Indeed and I'm inclined to use it post gain. I know that many guitarists put the volume control pre-"wet" (i.e. delay, modulation, reverb) because they can shut down the volume and thereby allow the modulation and reverb signal to remain in a "fade away". Just curious, does setting the various last loops in the PBC10 to "trails" accomplish something similar? George
The trails setting is kind of similar, allowing delay and reverb output to continue even after the their loops are shut off.

The trails setting is kind of similar, allowing delay and reverb output to continue even after the their loops are shut off.
Ah! So I take it there is a preset/programmed time associated with signal duration using the "trails" option? Not that I'm looking for any additional options here just being a curious cat.

Ah! So I take it there is a preset/programmed time associated with signal duration using the "trails" option? Not that I'm looking for any additional options here just being a curious cat.
No, not at all. What's really happening is the pedal's output remains connected to the signal path and the pedal's input is disconnected. So, no new signal makes it into the delay's input, but any remaining echoes continue until they fade out. The pedal's output is always connected to the signal path, which is ok as long as the pedal isn't too noisy.

Back