Walrus Monument V2 Ramp Using Function Switches

JRPorter

I'm putting together a new board and have been experimenting with some different things.

One cool thing that I found with the Walrus Monument V2 (with a slight mod) is that you can activate the ramp mode while still sending tap tempo down one TRS cable. Typically you would have to press and hold the bypass switch on the Monument to activate the ramp, but by soldering a small cable from the ring of the expression jack to the blue side of the bypass switch I was able to use the PBC to activate the ramp. Tap tempo is sent (in my case) down Fn switch 3 (tip) and I use Fn switch 4 (ring) to momentarily activate the ramp.

So with one button I am momentarily turning on loop 6 and activating this ramp. I'll use this for any last big hits/holds at the end of a phrase or song as a cool texture.

I've attached photos below if anyone else wants to try this.
Be aware. I'm sure this voids any warranty that you could have on the monument so consider that before proceeding. Otherwise, have fun!

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 3.13.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-01 at 10.04.01 AM.png

Back