Walrus R1 getting stuck on a PC

leebaker

My R1 reverb pedal keeps randomly getting stuck on presets. I can't chase it down to a certain preset, certain song, or certain switching pattern. It's only happening to that pedal. The pedal is last in my midi chain, but there are only 4 pedals linked together. I am using a Disaster Area midi box as well and I included that in a pic. If I cycle power on the pedal it will unstick. I have tried setting the pedal to receive redundant PCs and that doesn't change it. It's completely random so i'm wondering if it's something in my set up on my RJM. I'm going to attach my RJM file for review and a few pics in hopes that someone can help me identify what's going on. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• LB MASTER.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
I don't see anything wrong with your file. If rebooting the R1 - and rebooting nothing else - fixes the issue, then I have to wonder if the issue is in the R1. You might want to check with Walrus and see if there are any known issues with the pedal that a firmware update would fix. It would be a good experiment to try connecting the MIDI box directly to the PBC's MIDI output if it isn't already.

This is indeed an issue with the Mako series, Walrus confirmed it to me.

I posted about the same problem a while back without referring to the pedal specifically:

(Posted for posterity)

Back