Wet/Dry Mono - PBC 10

AaronJ16

Hey all,

I'm brand new to the PBC10, so bear with me if this is actually completely obvious. :) I'm currently running loops 1-6 into the front of an amp and 7-10 into the effects loop of that same amp. Sounds great, but I have a second amp that I would like to incorporate into the set up. I want to run loops 1-6 into the front of both amps and still have 7-10 into the effects loop of the first amp. I tried to use an ABY to split signal of "out 5-6" but which works great on the dry signal, until I turn on any of the 7-10 loops. I immediately loose about 50% of the total volume and my effects sound, well, not right. They sound distorted and murky, which is the opposite of what I was expecting. So two questions:
  1. Should my set up work? That is, can you run wet effects into an amp with an effects loop and run loops 1-6 into to two amps (one completely dry, the other having the afformentioned effects loop). If so, what am I doing wrong?
  2. Is there a better way? Again, my goal is to run wet/dry in mono. I'm essentially doubling the dry sound using two complimentary amps so that I get a richer sound, and I so that I can mix in the level amp carrying the wet effects.
Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Seems like you're loading down the signal too much. You probably need to use a buffered splitter out of Out 5-6.

In 7-10 is buffered, Out 5-6 just comes straight from the output of the last pedal that's currently turned on.

Back