Wet/dry/wet attempt with PBC6

Hi All,
I recently joined the PBC6 wagon, in attempts of having a small footprint wet/dry/wet set up.
As things stand my signal is Guitar -> Wah - > Cali 76 Comp (NOT always on) -> In 1 -> distortion pedals in loops 1, 2, 3. -> insert loop -> In Snd to Amp -> Captor X load box in Stereo -> Line back into the In Rtn.

This is the tricky part: loops 4, 5, 6 are all in stereo and comprise my Modulation (Terraform), Delay x2 (Empress echosystem, Flashback delay v1) -> Out in stereo to Stereo Cabzeus into a mixing console. The out from the Captor X also into the mixing console and from there to in ears or studio monitors.

The issue is: I'm not sure I'm hearing the advertised wet effects clarity, I do get the fullness of having three signals (Stereo and Mono). I've ruled out a phasing issue.

Am I doing this right? Is it because I'm lacking a parallel mixer? I'm going to try setting my delays in kill dry tonight in efforts to keep moving. Please let me know if there are better ways of doing this.

Kill dry is the key difference. When you have dry-only and wet-only on separate lines (and the wet in stereo panned L and R), you have discernibly more clarity in both wet and dry.

I did notice a bit more clarity with the Kill dry, but now the wet signal sounds louder than the dry signal and even clips my console. I'll play with the line out volume next time. The other issue I notice is that my dry signal sounds like it's far (for lack of a better word), maybe it's due to the levels.

Please do let me know if there's just something not well routed with my setup.

I don’t see anything that stands out as problematic with your signal path (it’s similar to my own pedalboard with some variations). But re-leveling is probably necessary because playing in W/D or W/D/W gives so much more control to each line. One thing to check is to isolate each line, muting the others, and make sure it’s what you’re expecting (e.g., no dry signal showing up in your wet lines). You might run into some situations where modulation doesn’t sound quite right since it needs the dry signal, but if you kill dry in the next loop then it won’t sound right. If that happens, you can experiment with changing the order, perhaps putting the modulation before the insert loop / dry split (might require running modulation in mono), or after the delay if you only want your trails modulated. Different solutions will work depending on the type of modulation you use.

Back