Whacky feature request.

toasterdude

Have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to integrate POD HD into my master "subpresets" on the GT. Currently I have 16 buttons that recall a combination of Axe FX scenes and Helix snapshots. I would love to integrate the PODs into these but the POD HDS are limited to CC toggle. It can not receive discreet on or off commands. Bummer.

But. . . and I am no engineer and a midiot compared to Ron. What if. . . . .just internally on GT in stead of sending toggles, it could send say 127 for on and 0 for off. Would not matter on the POD as either one would just toggle from current bypass state to the opposite. But. . . .what if the CC command could have "ignore redundant"? Hard to work this out in my head.

Let's say I want a combination of POD effects on for "subpreset" 2 and 6 on the GT. On those two buttons I set the CC to send 127 and all the rest I set it to 0. That way if I click on the button for subpreset 2 it turns on the pod FX, to the POD it doesn't matter but now at least GT knows it is ON. Then for any other subpreset button it turns it off basically acting as normal as the POD just toggles. But. . . .if I went to subpreset 6 that button is set to 127 and GT doesn't actually send the toggle command?

The same would be true for any subpresets that do not have that effect in it. If I start the preset on subpreset 1, that button is set to 0 for the POD and the POD is saved with that effect off, so all is good when I get into that preset. if I click any subpreset button besides 2 or 6, the GT does not need to toggle that effect on because it knows the state is off and that we want it to stay that way?

I am not sure if I am making sense but basically a way for the GT to track the state of the linke 6 virtual FS and send or not send toggle commands accordingly?

I guess in the IA actions panel we would need:

a field for send number. 0 or 127 I guess

then a checkbox for ignore redundant?

It may work for other devices that only do toggles instead of on/off?

Back