Whammy Setup

The presets that don't use the Whammy... Should the Whammy device be unchecked on the preset page, or should I send a bypass PC? Because at the moment DT on/off state remains unchanged when these presets are selected instead of switching off (device is unchecked). On buttons page, Send on Preset Change and Update State on Preset Change are all off.

OK, well I tried turning off Send on Preset Change and Update State on Preset Change but it still isn't behaving correctly. I also tried turning on Send on Preset Change but off Update State. Still not there. Here's my present file:

Attachments

• PBC Kemper Setup.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change should be kept on, otherwise the buttons won't send any messages to the pedal during preset changes. To bypass the pedal, I recommend creating one more button in Group 1 that's programmed to send bypass messages to the Whammy. It doesn't matter which bypass CCs they are, as long as it has one DT CC and one Whammy CC. For example, you could send PC 36 and PC 61. Then, select this new bypass button in any preset that needs to have the Whammy bypassed.

If you manage to get the whammy working properly would you mind sharing your final configuration?

I have all but given up trying to control my whammy presets via midi and have resorted to putting it in loop 1 so that I can bypass it easily while using and "old skool ghetto" system of preset selection - bending down and twiddling the knob!

When I didn't have it in loop 1 and was using bypass commands I would often find the whammy turning on accidentally or selecting the wrong preset. This was clearly my ineptitude at setting things up coupled with Digitech's weird midi implementation. At one point I tried using up down buttons for each effect (but I wasn't aware that the order the commands were sent made a difference - thanks!). Ron also suggested setting up two buttons with IA cycles. I did this on a separate button page to try both methods. Unfortunately, I discovered something similar to your experience as the IA cycle buttons were opperating in the background and affecting the program changes from my up/down buttons. Once I deleted the IA cycle page the whammy was more predictable but I still can't get it to do what I really want.

I emailed Digitech support and moaned about the midi implementation and suggested a firmware update with the ability to select a different midi channel for each effect but they don't seem too interested in doing anything.

I would really love to be able to save settings with my presets so if you get it working please please please tell me the secrect :)

Back