What Am I Doing Wrong?

shoelesscraig

Hey dudes,
Been using the PBC for a while now and I love it. Ran into an issue that I can't fix though...figured I'd throw it your way. I've attached my file in case someone wants to look into it firsthand (Ron maybe)...

On my main page (page 1) I have the bottom right button set up as a tap tempo if you just tap on it. Works fine going to my Timeline which is in loop 9.

Every preset may not have the delay loop 9 turned on, so I programmed this button so that if you hold it down, it will engage loop 9 (and also send my Timeline to a certain preset). The thing is...it doesn't always work that way. If I change presets and that new preset does NOT have loop 9 already on, pressing and holding this button will sometimes turn it on like its supposed to, but sometimes I have to press/hold, release, and then press/hold again for it to work.

Again, sometimes it works the first time, sometimes I have to do it twice...why would this be?

The changing the preset on my Timeline part works fine, and the actual tapping the tempo in works fine...its just the "engaging" of loop 9 that seems to not always work the first time....??

Attachments

• RJM Mastermind PCB 20170810.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
On some presets, the TImeline Active button is saved in the Off state but the loop is saved in the On state. Turn on IA Link for the Timeline Active button. That will make its state follow the actual loop state.

On some presets, the TImeline Active button is saved in the Off state but the loop is saved in the On state. Turn on IA Link for the Timeline Active button. That will make its state follow the actual loop state.

Ron, so I tried that...and I'm not sure if it helped or not...maybe it fixed some issues that I didn't realize I was going to have...but, after a little more research, I've found that the "Timeline Active" is still having this issue.

Here's the thing...it isn't working if I'm on my "Stage 3 FX" or "Stage 4 FX" presets. If I'm on the 3 before that (Clean FX, Stage 1 FX or Stage 2 FX) it seems to work fine. For all 5 of these presets, the Timeline loop 9 is bypassed when I enter the preset. On Clean, Stg1 or Stg 2 pressing and holding the Timeline Active will engage loop 9 no problem. But on the last 2 I have to do the whole "press/hold, release, press/hold" again to make it engage loop 9. I checked the presets and I see nothing on those 2 that make it any different than the other 3 (with the exception of different overdrive loops 2-5 engaged). Any ideas?

If you look at the Presets tab, you'll see that the Timeline Active button is saved in the On state for those two presets. One way to fix this is to turn off the button in those presets.

However, fixing IA Link is probably more of a long term solution. I just realized that you need to edit the Timeline Active button and move the Audio / Loop 9 action to the top of the list. Only the first action in the list has any effect on IA Link, so if we want the button to always reflect the Loop 9 state, the Loop 9 action needs to be first.

If you look at the Presets tab, you'll see that the Timeline Active button is saved in the On state for those two presets. One way to fix this is to turn off the button in those presets.

However, fixing IA Link is probably more of a long term solution. I just realized that you need to edit the Timeline Active button and move the Audio / Loop 9 action to the top of the list. Only the first action in the list has any effect on IA Link, so if we want the button to always reflect the Loop 9 state, the Loop 9 action needs to be first.

Ahhhh...that makes sense. I will try it as soon as I get home. I didn't think about looking at the status of that button per preset.

On a side note, can you tell me (feel free to talk to me like I'm a 1st grader, I won't be offended) what IA Link does? I guess I don't understand completely. I thought that there had to be another button with the exact same first "action" in order for it to do anything? This is the only button I have that will have the loop 9 action on it.

When a button has an Audio action on it, it links to the actual state of the loop or switch the button controls.

Back