What audio plugs are you guys using?

sergicalhands

Hello all,

Since digging deeper into the PBC I no longer need my pedal (Timeline) to be so close to the bottom row. I can now place it way on top, out of the way. I've been using George L's solder-less kit to wire up my board but I feel that no matter what, there's always some bad connection going on. So, I want to move to soldered connections.
My question is, what will fit and into the PBC and give me room for tight spacing? I've looked at "pancake plugs" but I fear that these might not fit on both top and bottom row of the PBC and also have seen they only fit straight down on Strymon pedals. I also looked at "Switchcraft 380" which I like, just not sure how much of it sticks out. I do plan in the future to make this a W/D/W rig but until then everything is ran in mono, 6 in front of the amp and 4 in the effects loop. Here's what it looks like right now, a bit messy since I'm moving stuff around. Any suggestions are appreciated... Thanks!pedalboard.JPG

I'm using right now a "second floor". This liberates a lot of space in the "first floor", for other pedals, or any kind of plugs. The system is Wet dry wet :D
ugobDlz.jpg

lmZLh4k.jpg

Whatever you do, don't be the guy who spent 1G on a midi switcher and procedes to wire up solder-less connections. Solder your wires. You're in the big leagues now.

Whatever you do, don't be the guy who spent 1G on a midi switcher and procedes to wire up solder-less connections. Solder your wires. You're in the big leagues now.

I disagree. Some solderless systems are unreliable, but some are actually more reliable than your average soldered connection. I use the Evidence Audio SIS System, as does David Gilmour, Ed O'Brien of Radiohead etc. I may not be in the big leagues, but I'd say those guys are.

I use George L with heat shrink tube. It is pretty easy to remove, works as electrical insulation and straim relief. Thus far I never had problems with bad connections.

That being said, I 'm switching over to soldered cables, since I 'm a bit neurotic.

27400499773_671ba6f339_k.jpg

Last edited:
Back