What kind of relay to use in a dual pedal

Bozie

Hi,

I have a few dual OD pedals in my rack. I am going to adapt them so I can control them with my EG by creating a jack insert point in the pedals that trips a relay allowing me access the lead function on my G2D Custom and AC Plus.
Although I have years of soldering under my belt I havent done anything like this before, but the G2D builders tell me it should be both possible and straight forward. I can figure out the pedal switch end of the wiring issue, what I need to know is what kind of relay I should use.

If anyone has done this and/or can suggest the specific relay I would need I would be grateful.

Cheers

There's a lot of relays that will work. Since it's a pedal, you'll almost certainly have a 9V supply available. It would be best to find a 9VDC relay, although some 12VDC relays will work down to 8V.

Something like this would do the trick:
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omr ... 4RNFF3E%3d

It's pretty small and easy to work with.

You would basically be replacing the on-board switch with the relay. Depending on the pedal's design, you might be able to wire the relay in parallel with the switch. The switching jack part is easy. Connect the +9V supply to the relay + side. Connect the relay - side to the jack tip. Connect ground to the switching jack's sleeve.

Back