What Unit And Cable For Radial Headbone??

ESPImperium

I just recently got a Egnater Tweaker 15W head, and now things have gottn complicated in my amp rig with me now wanting a 2 head and 1 cab situation. I was pointed in the way of the Radial Headbone for my head switching needs, and looks like what will do the job for switching between my Mesa F30 and my Egnater Tweaker that will both go ionto my Bogner 1X12.

What id like to know is what RJM unit will be able to use the Radial Slingshot and also allow me to switch between all the functions on my Mesa. I already know ill have to get the Mesa F Series cable, so thats already taken care of.

Is it the RJM RG16 ill need so i can switch between the amps or is it a FX Gizmo and a Mini Amp Gizmo ill need??? Im confused to a point on what unit ill need and what ill need as i want to run both amps with their own FX loop as well and the same common effects in the front end.

Heres the Radial Headbone manual for consultation: http://www.tonebone.com/manual-headbone.pdf

Thanks in advance.

The headbone requires a single function footswitch (can't remember if it's normally open or normally closed). So you could run it from either one of loops 5-8 from the RG-16, or from one of loops 9-12 from the Effect Gizmo... or if the F Series doesn't use all 8 function switches (I'm not familiar with the amp) then either one of the jacks on the (big) Amp Gizmo or one of the connectors on the 1/4" cable for the Mini Amp Gizmo or RG-16 could also be used. Your choice is really dependent on how many pedals you want to run as well. If you want to run between 1 and 7, the RG-16 is the easiest option. If you want more, then Effect Gizmo and Mini Amp Gizmo would be the way forward.

Thaks for the advice.

Im looking at both amps running a diffrent delay and the same chorus in the loop, with my Mesa having a EQ in there as well, the Egnater needs a line level thingy for the FX Loop to work properly seemingly so that will be in that shelf.

Thats 5 loops gone, up front im wanting a compressor, 2 Overdrives and a Phaser so thats 4 more gone. Thats 9 gone in total, and with the Radial taking up one, that leaves me only 2 for a couple other effects by my math.

Looks like the Effect Gizmo and the Mini Amp Gizmo will be what im after.

Its amazing what you have to go to to get a rig that does what you want, without the tap dance.

I hear ya... one of my rigs had both an RG-16 and an Effect Gizmo. I think I had 17 out of 20 possible loops in use. This was a slightly nutty rig with 2 heads, 4 cabs, and a pedalboard that included two Rocktron All Access foot controllers, a wah and 3 expression pedals, though :)

What are you needing to use in the Tweaker loop? It works fine with most things - as I understand it it's only the odd delay such as the MXR Carbon Copy that it has issues with. There's a huge 3-part 240+ page thread on The Gear Page about the Tweaker. I have two, and I have no problem running rack effects (in my case a TC G-Major II) in the loops.

Its the fact the FX loop for the Tweaker uses a Line Level loop and needs a little box that Bruce Eganater builds himself for it to be able to use analogue effects seemingly as im wanting my Carbon Copy and a Black Label Chorus in the loop of my Tweaker.

I was thinking of the RJM mix thing, but think ill stick with the Egnater one.

I think im gonna be going with a Rocktron All Access as well as that is what my Tech is using in his rig and it looks probably the best overall, or i might just get a standard Ground Control Pro. If the Mastermind was upgraded to have a display that was simmilar to the All Access/GCP id probably just take one of those for a simple option.

Back