Wiring PBC/6X with SP400 on Bottom Row?

Devan Bumstead

Apologies if this has been posted before but I just got my PBC/6X in and I'm looking forward to wiring it all up! I've not yet received my SP400's I ordered but can't imagine they'll be able to be oriented downward on the lower row of jacks and still have clearance.

How are you guys wiring your PBC's with SP400's on the top and bottom rows? Cutting into the pedalboard or raising the back of the PBC somehow? Pics would be awesome.

You can do it with a little trickery. If you're using dual lock to attach the PBC to your pedalboard (highly recommended if you aren't), double up the dual lock just on the back side of the PBC (for a total of 4 pieces stacked in each spot). This will angle the back of the PBC up an extra 1/4", which is just enough to allow SP400s to point downwards and get the cable out. Highly recommended that you use a very thin/flexible cable (such as Mogami W2314) for this.

1a545980-536a-4d06-bc00-3bd222d551a0

It is a PBC 10 but i think, it wouldn't be different

The PBC/6X is a lot shorter than the 10, so it does need to be elevated so that the SP400s will clear.

Back