Write button not functioning on Rack Gizmo

was trying to set up Rack gizmo last night with some new settings, write button is not functioning. This is only the second time I have used the unit. Any suggestions?

Sorry to ask about the basics, but a non-functioning button wouldn't be a top guess... RJM is very meticulous about quality.

Are you holding the button for three seconds? Do all the lights flash after you've done that?

There are circumstances in which MIDI confusion can disrupt Write. Check the Troubleshooting section of the manual.

If still no joy, try a factory reset: power off, then hold Audio 1 and 4 buttons in while powering back up. All the LEDs should turn on; when they turn off you can let go of the two buttons.

HTH

Usually, this is due to the Rack Gizmo not receiving MIDI program changes. The Write button won't function until a program change is received (It uses the program change message to know which preset/program number you are working with).

I'd check your MIDI connections, and also make sure that the MIDI channels are the same on both the MIDI controller and Rack Gizmo. (The Rack Gizmo is set at the factory to channel 1)

I'll check all that and give the reset a try. I was in the middle of band rehearsal when the problem started so didn't have time to mess with much then. I will let you know if it worked. Oh and thanks for the fast replies greatly appreciatted. I am a midi newbe and still trying to understand all that.

Back