FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's the official place to put feature requests for the Mastermind PBC. We can keep them here and mark them off as they're implemented. I'll be starting on the 2.0 firmware soon, so now is a good time to put in your requests!

FYI, these are some features that will definitely be in the 2.0 firmware:

- Expansion to 768 presets
- Song-level tempo
- Device PC -/+ buttons (buttons that let you step through presets on a specific device)
- Ability to add notes to button, song, preset and page names (textual notes that only are seen when editing)

Those are just a few that came to mind and/or have been requested frequently.

Serge - actively working on it now. Big project!

Raynov1 - you can set buttons to Preset - and Preset + types which will allow you to scroll through presets within the current song, or through all presets in preset/bank mode. Is this what you're looking for?

I was looking more for when you change banks or songs that it would blink through the presets on that page before you initially choose one. That way if i go to song 3, i can visually see it scroll through (or blink through) the presets i have for that song instead of having to remember "on this one i think i have 4 patches assigned on these buttons and those buttons are unassigned etc..."

EDIT: implemented in 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
..... and maybe just flash the lights of the active presets in that song. In some songs I only have two or three presets, and
a visual of that would be great!! ( I suggested that in an earlier post- just a reminder :)

Raynov1 - you can set buttons to Preset - and Preset + types which will allow you to scroll through presets within the current song, or through all presets in preset/bank mode. Is this what you're looking for?

Hey Ron,

Great to hear that! BTW, Im actually interested in doing something like this "preset scroll" with one button when in song mode. How would I go about this?

In preset mode, when bank up or down bank is triggered, the display shows a list with the names of five presets available to select would be amazing! Sometimes it's hard to remember the number of certain preset. I think I'm getting old.:(

Hey Ron,

I love the ability to be able to change which loops are on/off and save those changes on the fly to that preset. Is it possible to create the same ability with Midi assignments??? It would be AMAZING to be able to make changes to my Timeline, Bigsky or H9 (or any midi device)... hit "preset store" and the PBC remembers that current state of midi assignments that I just adjusted.

For instance, last weekend, I realized I needed one of my presets to be assigned to Timeline patch 31A instead if 31B. And also, I needed 31A to be turned off at the first step of the preset. I'd love to be able to enter that preset, change TL to 31A, and deactivate that patch on the TL, and save this state with in the preset.

This would give me optimal preset edit ability on the fly.

EDIT: Implemented in 2.0.2

Unfortunately, there's no way for the PBC to know which preset a MIDI device is on - there's no communication from the pedal back to the PBC. So, you wouldn't be able to dial in a preset on the pedal and have the PBC store it.

That said, in firmware 2.0, there will be Device PC-/PC+ buttons. You can assign them to step up or down through the presets on a single device. I will look into the possibility storing the current PC number for each device when IA Store is pressed. You would have to assign these PC - / PC + buttons, probably on a new button page, and use them to choose the presets on your pedal.

If you added a "store" option to Device -/+ buttons that would be huge. That would work just as well for me to make a device adjustment and then store it in the preset! Even if I have to put the -/+ buttons on a diff page, I'm fine with that! I hope you can make that possible!!!

Thanks Ron!

Hi Ron,

With song-level tempo will i be able to preset the tempo per song then use the tap tempo within one of the songs presets on the PBC (to adjust to a live drummer) subsequently adjusting all presets automatically within that song?

Previously suggested request i wanted to move to this page.

1. Naming Local Page per preset EDIT: implemented in 2.0
  2. Switch or cycle Banks or Songs from an IA button
  3. Add a dim option or levels of brightness to the LED indicators. So you could use the same color for off or on.
  4. Add more colors to the palate.
  5. Cycle through a preset number of Banks, Songs or Pages. EDIT: implemented in 2.0 for pages only
Bug fix's on Editor
  1. When adding a audio buffer to a group? It's possible that the buffer settings are not paying attention to the "send off messages" checkbox.
  2. Momentary setting for function switches is not shown in the 1.0.5 editor. EDIT: fixed in 2.0
  3. Global Audio Settings - Series / Parallel does not seem to save.
Thank you

Hi Ron,

With song-level tempo will i be able to preset the tempo per song then use the tap tempo within one of the songs presets on the PBC (to adjust to a live drummer) subsequently adjusting all presets automatically within that song?

Yes, if you set a tempo at the song level and don't set tempos for the presets, then changes you make using tap tempo will stick around until you change to another song.

How about a couple analog tap outputs that are run by the internal mastermind's midi clock. I could free up a spot on my board currently occupied by another device accomplishing that operation for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back