FEATURE REQUEST LIST

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of ways to change how the pages are accessed.The default PBC configuration doesn't even use Page -/+ buttons, it uses an IA button that accesses a specific page. On page 1, the Loops button is set switch to page 2. On page 2, the same button is set to switch to page 1. You can use the same method to simulate page + or -, while skipping one or more pages. Set the button on page 1 to switch to page 2, set the button on page 2 to switch to page 4, and set the button on page 4 to switch to page 1. Page 3 will be skipped.

Well that makes a lot of sense. Ha. Genius as always Ron.

Hi Ron.
Thanks for a very cool product.
Here is a suggestion for an update on the editor.
It would be very handy to be able to arrange presets (and songs) in folders. Specially if you are going to have unique presets for all parts of all songs.
Something like this:
View attachment 421

+1 on this option.
It could be extended further though. The PBC offers so many possible ways to set up your amp-effects etc.
So it would be nice if presets could be stored in those folders and then you could actually choose which folders will be "active" meaning which presets can be selected.

I've programmed my pedalboard to be very flexible depending on the amps I have available at the venue. So I've got a bunch of allround presets that run stereo, a/b two amps, and a couple that are set up to work specifically with my amps and utilize the Mini Amp Gizmo mounted under my board.
I know where in the preset list those presets are stored, yet sometimes I end up either on the global preset or somewhere else.
So if I could only activate certain presets, that would definitely increase the flexibility of this amazing unit.

Thanks,
Michael

Last edited:
I'm not sure if It's been made already but I haven't seen the feature in my quick search.

It would be awesome to have a folder structure in the "Preset List". That way I could quickly find presets I need to change.

Example
This is amazing grace (Folder)
> Verse (Preset Name)
> Prechorus
> Chorus
> Bridge

How He Loves (Folder)
> Verse/Prechorus (Preset Name)
> Chorus
> Bridge

It has been awesome to attach a hidden name to a preset by typing "|" after like, "Verse | This is amazing grace" but I though it would help my organization and speed if there were folders.

Let me know what you think!

+1 on this option.
It could be extended further though. The PBC offers so many possible ways to set up your amp-effects etc.
So it would be nice if presets could be stored in those folders and then you could actually choose which folders will be "active" meaning which presets can be selected.

I've programmed my pedalboard to be very flexible depending on the amps I have available at the venue. So I've got a bunch of allround presets that run stereo, a/b two amps, and a couple that are set up to work specifically with my amps and utilize the Mini Amp Gizmo mounted under my board.
I know where in the preset list those presets are stored, yet sometimes I end up either on the global preset or somewhere else.
So if I could only activate certain presets, that would definitely increase the flexibility of this amazing unit.

Thanks,
Michael

You might be able to use songs for this?

I'm not sure if It's been made already but I haven't seen the feature in my quick search.

It would be awesome to have a folder structure in the "Preset List". That way I could quickly find presets I need to change.

Example
This is amazing grace (Folder)
> Verse (Preset Name)
> Prechorus
> Chorus
> Bridge

How He Loves (Folder)
> Verse/Prechorus (Preset Name)
> Chorus
> Bridge

It has been awesome to attach a hidden name to a preset by typing "|" after like, "Verse | This is amazing grace" but I though it would help my organization and speed if there were folders.

Let me know what you think!

What if we used the song the preset belonged to to automatically do this? This would require that presets were not reused in multiple songs, but it seems like a large percentage of users don't reuse presets across songs, and those would be the same people that would probably want their presets arranged in groups or folders.

Or... what if we had a setting that fixed the bank size at a certain number. Then we could group the presets in groups of 5, 6 or whatever, effectively combining the preset and song list into one.

You might be able to use songs for this?

Hello Ron,

That is what I'm doing at the moment. I've created a setlist for each possible setup. The songs then use the appropriate presets.

I assume what you mean is creating songs with the specific presets for each setup. That is a good idea and should work in theory.
The problem at least for me is that I have a least 16 presets per setup, so I cannot access all of them.

Since Lucc mentioned the folders I thought that would be an awesome idea, and then based my thoughts on that. The advantage I would see with folders though, is also that it is a lot more organized/cleaner than just having hundreds of presets in one list.

Edit: Ron, just noticed that I don't see song 1008 if I want to add it to a setlist. My editor only shows songs 1-1007. It is there in the song list though.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 9.38.15 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 9.38.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-06 at 9.38.59 PM.png I would love to jump into this topic. I currently have done something similar to what you mentioned Ron. Have grouped my presets into groups of 5, which is the number of preset buttons I have available (1-5, button 6 is my tap tempo). I create a song specific set of presets that never get used on another song. I didn't like the idea of creating preset that was used for multiple songs, because I always need a slight tweak from song to song, and would end up with 100 slight variations of the same preset. I have always felt that the PBC would be amazing if it worked similar to the Axe FX, where I start at the song level, and build down. Within the song, I make my presets (as many or as few as i need), set my tempo, create my midi commands, etc. Instead of having to assign separate presets to songs, it was all just visible and available for editing on ONE page, under the song. I've made my current system work just fine, and as you can see... have spent a ton of time building 61 song tied to over 380 presets. I will say its def more time consuming to bounce back and forth from the song... and then go find my corresponding presets to tweak when needed. especially when next week, when I create a setlist of existing songs.... those presets are spread out all through my current 381 available.

Last edited:
I was thinking of a faster way to add songs from the PBC manually (not through the editor necessarily).
Add a new category under the "Set Up Menu" called "Add New Song".
After choosing "Add New Song" a "Edit New Song" window would appear ( it could have the same layout as the current "Edit Songs" but with a few short cuts)

Edit New Song (window)
Name = New Song 1 (The PBC automatically chooses the next unused preset and names it New Song 1)
Tempo = 0.0
(The PBC automatically chooses it's next 5 empty Presets and inserts them into Song Preset Slots 1-5)
1: 86
2: 87
3: 88
4: 89
5: 90

If this was possible you could enter "Add New Song" then hit exit and you could be working on New Song 1 with 5 blank presets instantly.

Short cut for Editing Preset Names: I noticed button 5 on the PBC is not being used in the "Edit Name" page.
Could this be used to cycle through pre made insert titles:
INTRO, VERSE, PRE CHORUS, CHORUS, SOLO, BRIDGE, OUTRO

When a insert tile is added could a line|and the current song name be automatically inserted after it, that would make preset identification easy.

While removing a preset from a song when in "Edit Song" on the PBC itself, it would be nice if the Mute button could instantly select "NONE". So if i want to remove a preset from a song i don't have to scroll down from 400 to NONE.

Also there is a possible button color oversight in "Edit Expression Pedal" "Calibrate".
Button 4 is Black it should light RED for exit.

Aloha

Hi Ron, is assigning of expression pedal to devices through IA in the immediate to-do list or will it be only possible with an override in a preset for a while longer? (or did I miss an update?!)

I just want to know if I should consider buying a device like an expressionator, but I'd rather not.

Hey Ron,
Saw that a Mastermind LT is in the works...any plans for a rack "PBC" ?? All the features of the PBC in a rack format
and a Mastermind on the floor would be great!

Cheers/
Truls

Hi Ron, is assigning of expression pedal to devices through IA in the immediate to-do list or will it be only possible with an override in a preset for a while longer? (or did I miss an update?!)

I just want to know if I should consider buying a device like an expressionator, but I'd rather not.

It's still on the to do list, but has not happened yet.

Hey Ron,
Saw that a Mastermind LT is in the works...any plans for a rack "PBC" ?? All the features of the PBC in a rack format
and a Mastermind on the floor would be great!

Cheers/
Truls

At this point, no. Not a lot of rack stuff is getting sold these days.

Bluetooth connectivity.

I would be really great to be able to just plug in a little USB Bluetooth dongle to the PBC and conect to the editor (or even better and iPad editor App) and control the PBC from there.

Add a IA option to the preset button 2nd press values.

EDIT: Done in 3.1.2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a pbc to replace my es-8. The one thing I'd miss would be the automated expression swells. I use them a lot on the es-8 and was wondering if this would be possible on the pbc aswell.

Triggered by either an IA switch or by patch selection, you would have a sweep of midi cc values. Selectable would be the start and stop cc values, and the length of the sweep.

This would be such a great option, really hoping this could be featured in a future update.

Cheers, Jop

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a pbc to replace my es-8. The one thing I'd miss would be the automated expression swells. I use them a lot on the es-8 and was wondering if this would be possible on the pbc aswell.

Triggered by either an IA switch or by patch selection, you would have a sweep of midi cc values. Selectable would be the start and stop cc values, and the length of the sweep.

This would be such a great option, really hoping this could be featured in a future update.

Cheers, Jop

Interesting, never thought of (or heard of) that feature. It's certainly possible to do, but I'd have to think about it a bit to figure out the difficulty level and any side effects of that change.

Would be amazing! I use it all the time, for really slow and steady whammy bends, or reverb swells.

Off topic: I noticed the pbc is out of stock in the web store. Any idea when it will be available again?

Thanks

Interesting, never thought of (or heard of) that feature. It's certainly possible to do, but I'd have to think about it a bit to figure out the difficulty level and any side effects of that change.

I have seen some iPad apps that can be used to do this. One app called midiLFOs allows you to connect your iPad to midi devices, and control any midi assignable parameters with the app's LFO's. Just an idea.

That could be done, just wouldn't like to add an ipad to my rig. Am wondering if I could send an LFO from my upcoming moog sub 37 via midi.

But this option in the PBC would be amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back