Transfers settings vs changes

Are you sure those are the latest settings from your device? That file doesn't produce the results you're showing.

I suspect that, on your device, you have Setlist set to something other than None. It's trying to load up either a setlist that has no songs in it, or a song that has no presets in it, that's why everything is blank. Set Setlist back to None and it may fix what you're seeing.

Two objectives achieved:

A. Page 1 display correctly shows 001, Preset 1.
B. When I select Presets 1-12 on the PBC, all the SA pedals stay on preset 1. However, I noticed something. The EQ2 PC is set to 0. The lowest setting on the Nemesis and Ventris is 1. Why?

Next step - Should I now Transfer - “ Read settings from device“ and save this settings file?

Attachments

• 4B293FD9-6444-42C5-80B4-094D7CB708E8.jpeg
    4B293FD9-6444-42C5-80B4-094D7CB708E8.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Yes, you should definitely read settings from the PBC and save them to your computer - it's always good to have a backup.

One unfortunate feature of MIDI devices is that no one can agree on whether the first preset should be labeled "1" or "0". "1" of course makes more sense to humans, but "0" makes more sense to computers (and is the actual number being sent to the device to load the first preset). In the Devices section, each device has a PC Offset setting which can be set to 0 or 1, this controls whether your preset numbering for the device starts at 0 or 1. You can change it if you like.

Hello,
My PB is setup for stereo. For some reason The amplifier connected to the right output Jack on the PB is not playing at normal volume. I have to turn up the volume on the amp considerably to match the volume level of the left side amp.

The amp doesn’t sound the way it should .
It’s not nearly as loud and full with the volume turned up. It’s hard to describe.

When I plug my guitar directly into the right side amp it sounds normal - loud and full.

Do you have any idea what would cause this?

Hello,
My PB is setup for stereo. For some reason The amplifier connected to the right output Jack on the PB is not playing at normal volume. I have to turn up the volume on the amp considerably to match the volume level of the left side amp.

The amp doesn’t sound the way it should .
It’s not nearly as loud and full with the volume turned up. It’s hard to describe.

When I plug my guitar directly into the right side amp it sounds normal - loud and full.

Do you have any idea what would cause this?
First thing that comes to mind is a cable with a partial ground. Have you tried playing straight through the pedalboard with all pedals bypassed? If doing that fixes the issue, then check each pedal separately to see which is causing the issue, then move on to checking the send and return cables on the offending pedal. Replace the bad one and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't do it, then try plugging the R output of the PBC directly into the amp with a cable you know is working properly. If that fixes it, then your output cable needs to be fixed/replaced.

If that still doesn't fix the issue, then you might need to submit a ticket to RJM support to have your PBC checked out.

Also, try turning off buffer 3 and see if the level is restored. If it does, the PBC is going to need a repair.

With all pedals bypassed did not fix the problem. Attached is the PB running list sent to me by Brad Bartosz at BTPA. Brad built my PB.

I don’t get how to run the right output of the PBC directly into the amp. The PBC only has one Output Jack. Attached is a photo showing the plug connector. There are 2 cables coming out of that plug connector. Per the running list, PBC Out Tip/Ring goes into the Source Audio Gemini 1/2.

BTW Per the The PBC manual, there should be 2 Output indicators shown in the upper right corner of the display. My PBC only shows 1 output (see attached photo).

Attachments

• Steve Farrell Corrected Running List.pdf
    146.5 KB · Views: 3
  • D125000A-0265-45AE-A5F6-3F27B57DB4AA.jpeg
    D125000A-0265-45AE-A5F6-3F27B57DB4AA.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 1
My display doesn’t show 2 outputs.

regarding buffers. The manual states there are two audio buffers, not 3.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
I'm sorry, when you said "right output jack", I thought you were referring to a PBC/10, which has two output jacks.

In Audio Settings or the Audio tab of the editor, set output 1 to stereo. That will enable the right side output from the PBC.

I’ll look at that, but what your suggesting implies there would be no signal to the amp connected to the right As I said, there is sound from the right output amplifier - the volume on the amp has to be turned up and it doesn’t sound nearly as full and loud . Also when I turn the volume up past 5, there’s a loud hiss.

why does the manual show 2 Output designations on the display? Mine has always only shown 1 output.

im going to go into audio settings and set output 1 to stereo.

It worked!! Sounds awesome. Thank you!!

How would I setup to use this rig in mono?

Source Audio told Brad Bartosz if I want to run mono I have to disconnect the patch cables going into input 1 and output 1 of the Source Audio Gemini.

I bought the Mastermind knowing it can handle any configuration. Stereo or mono. Based on the running list Do you see any reason why SA would say those patch cords have to be disconnected to play in mono.

To run in mono, just use one output from the rig.

You'd have to ask Source Audio, but my best guess is: if there are plugs in both inputs of the pedal, it's expecting signal in both inputs, and if it doesn't get that, you won't hear signal from both outputs. But in this case, the PBC will always provide signal to both inputs of the pedal, so it's still effectively stereo, even if you only listen to one output.

I’ll try using one output from the rig.

why does the PBC6X manual show 2 Output designations on the display? Mine has always only shown 1 output.

I’ll try using one output from the rig.

why does the PBC6X manual show 2 Output designations on the display? Mine has always only shown 1 output.
If you turn on Stereo Output, then it should show both outputs 1 and 2.

Back