Recent content by jlatrace

1. J

How to Reset RG-16 to Factory Defaults

I purchased an older RG-16 (no ground lift switch) as a back-up to my Rack Gizmo and Mastermind rig. I need to reset the unit to factory defaults because the RG-16 doesn't communicate correctly with my Mastermind. Is there a way to do so?
  2. J

Help Me think this THrough - Rack Gizmo wiring Question

Is there a way that I could wire my two stereo FX processors in parallel using only the Rack Gizmo/RG-16 if the only thing running through the RG are the two FX processors in an amp's loop without having to use a line mixer? (I have no FX pedals in my rig). Maybe y cables to split the dry...
  3. J

Global Function Select Switch works intermittently

Soldered the new switch in, works great now. Thanks for the help.
  4. J

Thanks. Am I reading the diagram correctly by concluding that only the red lines are connected to the switch pin mounting holes? I ask because after pulling the switch I am unable to get continuity with any connection from the switch mounting hole at the top right of the diagram.
  5. J

I think the switch is made by ALPS part number = SKQEABA01 is this right? Also can someone give me a diagram/schematic of the circuit for the switch area?
  6. J

Update 2 - Switch failed after a few minutes of use. Really need the specs so I can order a new one and replace the tactile switch. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  7. J

Update - I cleaned the switch with contact cleaner and it now works okay. I guess it's bad. Anyone know the Mouser or NTE part number?
  8. J

My Global Function Select switch works only intermittently. I pulled the board and operated the switch with my finger to confirm it doesn't work. Is this a bad pad? Or is the another component going bad. If its the switch, can you recommend a replacement part number? I have firmware version 1.4.
  9. J

Problem with Used RG-16 help troubleshooting

I just bypassed the buffer and it now is passing signal. I assume it's a bad opt amp in the buffer. I posted last week with a buffer issue. I guess it finally gave up. I'll see about replacing it when I have time.
  10. J

Power supply output is rated 9 vac @ 1 amp, which seems more than adequate. Should I substitute another supply? I have another Lexicon rated 9 vac @ 1 amp. Afterwards, what should I try?
  11. J

I am a happy Rack Gizmo owner and I recently purchased a used RG-16. Last week it started giving me trouble not passing sound thru loops 2 and 3. Tonight it quit passing sound at all. I am relatively handy with a multi meter and a soldering iron, but I'm not an electrician. Where should I start...
  12. J

Early RG-16 not Passing Signal thru Buffer

It ended up being a bent post on the existing chip. I strsaighten the pin and reinserted it and it worked great.
  13. J

Early RG-16 not Passing Signal thru Buffer

I purchased an early RG-16 (pre-ground loop button) and it does not pass a signal thru the buffer in/out loop. Do you have any troubleshooting tips? Should I try replacing the LM833N opt amp? I have a NTE778A, isn't it comparable? The specs on the NTE778A look very similar to the LM833N...
  14. J

Rack Gizmo set up question

Thank you, this is very helpful.
Back