Search results

1. V

Two preamps in effect gizmo

You can also set them up on one of the last four loops. I’ve got OUT 5-8 going into a little Lehle isolated splitter and then into the preamp inputs. The two preamp outs then go to a loop input and return respectively. In my example, the preamps are in loop 10. When it’s ON, one pre is...
  2. V

GT16 Misbehaving

have you been swapping and editing buttons on your GT? I've been doing a lot of that, and have been finding that a button press is initiating actions that are not in the action list. I created a new .rjs file and if I create buttons from scratch, everything works great but I'm basically...
  3. V

GT16 Misbehaving

I've been editing the GT a lot over the past few weeks and any trouble I've been having until today has been all user error or an issue with the way one device handles MIDI. Today I installed a Strymon Conduit in my pedal tray to hookup my pedals and that's when the GT got weird. I have since...
  4. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

using loops 5-8 and putting the buffer after seems to have done the trick, though I think there's something to learn here...I just don't know what it is yet. I'm going to want to use 1-4 as I continue to setup this rig over the next few weeks and would love to find a solution to the hum...
  5. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

I'll try it later today, thanks for the suggestion. side question...how sensitive is the EG to EMI? It's mounted under my Furman
  6. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

I was out of town for a while and didn’t get to try the other method until today. I connected an 18g wire to a ground in loop 1 to another TS plug that I tried in both of the buffer jacks…no change. I even pulled the unit, removed all the relays that I had previously installed to make them...
  7. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

Thank you so much, Ron! I'll try it right now. edit: tried the extra loop method and there was no change. I'll make a cable to try the other method later
  8. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

Thanks. I tried the ground lift switch yesterday and it didn’t change things. I’ll remove it from the rack today to see if it changes things. I’ve got insulation washers on everything. I know that sometimes bare spots on the rack units where they make contact can cause issues. Everything...
  9. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

Thank you for the response, Ron. Next question…should be be noisy when the buffer is bypassed? Sounds like a quiet ground loop with an octave higher square wave on top of it. When the buffer is in the circuit, everything is nice and quiet. Bypassed is pretty ugly
  10. V

Bypassing buffer on EGv2

I’ve read through the manual several times and viewed a number of threads here and still am not 100% certain if the front panel input is routed into the buffer. If I want to bypass the input buffer, do I need to run a cable from “From Front” to “Input 1-4”? Currently, I have the instrument...
  11. V

MMGT16 bank changes on Lexicon PCM91

Thanks, Lee. That's exactly how I got it to work yesterday. I'm still holding out hope that I can get bank up and down working just to make auditioning presets a little easier as I learn more about these devices, but knowing how to program a bank and preset is a great start.
  12. V

of course after scratching my head for a while earlier today, I made some progress minutes after the above post. I still don't know how to make it shift banks up or down, but I can add a CC action before a PC action to select a bank then a preset. This wasn't working with the button type as...
  13. V

I'm hoping someone who has experience with this will have the answer that I've been unable to find. I recently started working on incorporating a couple of Lexicon devices into my setup and haven't been able to figure out how to change banks. The PCM91 has four "program banks" and two...
  14. V

Sysex Messages

I just replied on the TGP thread since I got a lot more traction there for that conversation. On page 3, you should find the complete chart that I created and published that maps out every possible key press as well as several hidden functions (in pink) that do not have physical keys assigned...
  15. V

button no longer showing preset number

Thanks. I ended up re-creating the buttons and it's working again.
  16. V

I should clarify, the number is still there, it just doesn't change anymore with a PC change. It perpetually says "2"
  17. V

I made a couple of footswitches on my GT16 for device PC- and PC+. When I switched them up or down, they used to show the preset number in the lower half of the display but are no longer doing so. It's a useful feature and I don't believe I changed anything. Any advice on how to get that...
  18. V

Sysex Messages

Got it working with help from people at TheGearPage. It turns out that the message for a keypress was incorrect. I'm very curious why it was captured incorrectly in the first place and even more curious why it worked when being sent to the 2290 from Sysex Librarian
  19. V

Sysex Messages

I have a couple of issues that I hope I can get some help with. I've spent some time capturing sysex messages from a TC2290, specifically for the External Effects on/off functions. I've captured them, paired down the messages as much as I'm able and have been able to successfully make them...
  20. V

Effect Gizmo and mono in/stereo out

I have a situation that I hope someone can help me with as I might not be thinking about this in the correct way. I'm wiring up my Effect Gizmo and am stuck on my TC2290 being last in the chain as is my preference. The two units before the 2290 are proper stereo in/out. If I use a ts cable...
Back